Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spur of the moment Italy!

• 23-05-2010 5:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭

So I came home tonight in the unusual state of complete and utter sobriety. I shunned the demon alcohol and, to my amazement, didn't have a completely wretched time of it (although the quality of the wimmin folk was, for some strange reason, lower than usual). The reason I'm here though, and not in AH creating polls on bellybutton fluff and getting in fights with random strangers over Hunky Dorys, is because I'm just after booking a Ryanair flight to Pisa next month. By myself. For a week. I'm still not quite sure why. It just kinda popped into my head and I ran with it. I did watch the highlights of Inter's win when I got in though. And I am easily suggestible. Hmmm....

Anyhoo, the not particularly unpleasant result, is that I have 7 full days to gad about Tuscany from the 21st of June, and I'd be glad of any suggestions on where exactly I should be gadding. I'm thinking of spending at least two days in Florence, and I'd like to see Lucca and Siena too. Does anyone have any other ideas? Or know of any relatively unknown sites off the tourist trail in those cities or elsewhere? Oh, I also can't drive (well, not legally anyway), so any suggestions have to be accessible by public transport. Anyway, I'm off to cut up my credit card before I start off on more Mi wadi fuelled splurges...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

san gimignano is a must to be honest spent a week there last august.get the train from florence to poggibossi 5.20 return bout 35 minutes then there is a bus right outside the train station goin to san gimignano 2.80 return 10 minutes and then volterra is not to far from san gimignano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

castlelina- lovely little village up in the mountains in tuscany.
    Go to a vineyard in tuscany too & try the chianti.
    Enjoy...tuscany is amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

Florence is amazing. Take 2 days. Sienna is supposed to be absolutely beautiful too. We were at a wedding in San Gimignano last year - from the little we saw it was absolutely beautiful.
    A warning - there's very little in Pisa other than the leaning tower. Next to nothing in fact! We spent about 4-5 hours there one day and it was more than enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

I loved Florence, it was the highlight of my trip to Italy last year.
    Not 100% sure but is Pompei close enough to Pisa....supposed to be amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭John C

Pompeii is near Naples. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pompeii

Naples is 587 km from Pisa. viamichelin.co.uk

• Advertisement
Advertisement