Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any support staff working at Blacknight today?

Options
  • 23-05-2010 10:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

We've got MySQL down for the past 5 hours - which means the site has been down for 5 hours. Nothing appears on the Blacknight status blog, and support are not answering. I know it's not just my sites, because others are tweeting about it.

I know it's a Sunday morning, but this is the internet guys. People don't stop using it at 5pm on a Friday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Hi Darren,

The status post went up at 10:15am. The nature of the problem wasn't straight forward. Mostly because a disk failure caused a file system to go read only which our monitoring system currently can't detect. It did detect mysql going down on mysql452 but due to some issues internally it wasn't dealt with in a timely fashion. We've already investigated that problem and we've found a solution for it so it won't occur again.

FYI both mysql452 and pemlinweb31 are fully back online since 11:58 for mysql452 and 12:07 for pemlinweb31.

Paul

Advertisement