Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joanne Ui Crualaoich

• 23-05-2010 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

I'm probably repeating a thread here but you guys get a mention from Joanne on her blog http://malintomizenrun.blogspot.com/ -- for helping her with the route. She is on day 3 of her record attempt from Malin to mizen (running approx 70miles per day) in this heat!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Not taking anything from Joanne's excellent and courageous effort but is the 6 day record for women or is for a solo rider?

I would have imagined that someone would have done the 350 miles quicker then that, no?

Edit: Just read the blog and noticed she is running it, WOW! Best of luck to her, interesting read.

What is the cycling record does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Not taking anything from Joanne's excellent and courageous effort but is the 6 day record for women or is for a solo rider?

I would have imagined that someone would have done the 350 miles quicker then that, no?

err i think shes running it, now thats just nuts :eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

On a thread discussing running/cycling into work, this is the same girl who said that she alternates - cycles 40k in, runs the 40k home, runs the 40k in, cycles the 40k home, etc.

Hardcore doesn't quite describe her sufficiently.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭godihatedehills

What is the cycling record does anyone know?

Mizen to Malin is 19 hours I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭happy_73

seamus wrote: »
    On a thread discussing running/cycling into work, this is the same girl who said that she alternates - cycles 40k in, runs the 40k home, runs the 40k in, cycles the 40k home, etc.

Hardcore doesn't quite describe her sufficiently.

Went for a run at lunchtime one day with Jo (about 7 miles), she was telling me she ran in home, turned out home was over 15 miles away!

S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Here

"5 days, 13 hours, 44 minutes and 45 seconds.

A new fastest time for crossing Ireland on foot, male or female."

Crazy pedestrian!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Lumen wrote: »
    Here

"5 days, 13 hours, 44 minutes and 45 seconds.

A new fastest time for crossing Ireland on foot, male or female."

Crazy pedestrian!

Fantastic Achievment and well done to Joanne!

I don't think I could even do that on a bicycle! I am hoping to try it near the end of summer but was thinking of doing it over 5 or 6 days!

Advertisement