Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art history

Options
  • 23-05-2010 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Does anyone know what irish history topics came up on the art paper in the last few years?
    The papers won't load on examinations.ie and it's driving me crazy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

Does anyone know what irish history topics came up on the art paper in the last few years?
    The papers won't load on examinations.ie and it's driving me crazy.

I can tell you the stone age comes up every second year and is pretty much due this year. I'd just study Stone, Bronze and Iron ages - one or two of the three always come up every year and do manuscripts or early christian ireland buildings as a back up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Iron age came up last year, so stone age and bronze age are pretty safe bets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 dpipistrelle

I know stone age and bronze age very very well. And manuscripts pretty well.. So if I do those 3 do you think I'd be safe enough?
    What about the early christian metalwork? Like the chalices and then the 11th and 12th century stuff like the cross of cong.. Does anyone know if that has come up recently?
    Thanks for the help:]x

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

For Irish, im planning on doing Stone Age, Iron Age & Bronze age as well as High Crosses? Would that be enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

For Irish I'm doing Newgrange, Manuscripts (Cathach, Durrow, Kells), and Stone Crosses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

I'm pretty sure that the Bleu Rieter Group will be coming up on Q15/16 because it was the only 20th century section that wasnt asked in the course the last 2 years.

And Newgrange will probably come up too!
    Dunno about Impressionism, as it was asked the last two years in a row :S

Advertisement