Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tanned people out West

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Crazy specualtion; the Irish for foreigner is gal. Any link to Galicia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

spent months thinking my neighbour was from the Mediterranean , actually she from west kerry , right by the sea, some colour on her,( some hole on her too )

friend of mine from angola , spent years in cork city, then went to bantry , he came back to cork telling me the irish have a different colour skin in bantry..:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

fontanalis wrote: »
    Crazy specualtion; the Irish for foreigner is gal. Any link to Galicia.

Irish dictionary says no. http://www.irishdictionary.ie/dictionary

When I type in Gall (as in Dun na ngall/Donegal meaning fort of the foreigner) it says Brit.

charlemont wrote: »
    spent months thinking my neighbour was from the Mediterranean , actually she from west kerry , right by the sea, some colour on her,( some hole on her too )

friend of mine from angola , spent years in cork city, then went to bantry , he came back to cork telling me the irish have a different colour skin in bantry..:pac:

West Cork primarily around Mount Gabriel was important during the Bronze Age for mining and there was suppsoed to be some trading with Northern Spain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭MarchDub

fontanalis wrote: »
    When I type in Gall (as in Dun na ngall/Donegal meaning fort of the foreigner) it says Brit.

Yeah...the Brits have always been full of gall. Thought everyone knew that. :)

Advertisement