Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PC monitors in hot weather

• 23-05-2010 1:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Give off heat like mini rads after a couple of hours I'm boiling

any tips for keeping it cool.....aside from the obvious fan solution

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Turn it off and go out and enjoy the weather :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

SickBoy wrote: »
    Turn it off and go out and enjoy the weather :P

That's a good one, how do I do it?? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Hot weather is bad, had to scale back the clock on my processor as it was getting a little too toasty for my liking :(

You could probably try turning down the brightness level op as the cfl tubes in the monitor are the source of most of the heat.

Other than that either get a big fan or turn off the PC and enjoy the weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

Yeah just turned down the brightness a whole bunch and noticely cooler (although hard on the eyes)

as for the weather, went for a 3hr blast down the coast road this morn on the ol Kwakker....ejoying the view and there was plenty on view :eek:

that aside never been one for sitting under the big oven in the sky, doesn't agree with me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,236 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

dogpile wrote: »
    as for the weather, went for a 3hr blast down the coast road this morn on the ol Kwakker....ejoying the view and there was plenty on view :eek:
    Those are called women. I read about them on Wikipedia once.

• Advertisement
Advertisement