Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Little help?

• 23-05-2010 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭

I lost my provisional license last month. Usually keep it in the car with me but took it out at some stage and have NO idea where it's gone. On top of that, I just get a letter this week saying it's up in 2 weeks and I have to renew it. But in order to renew my license, I need to send it in to them.... Any advice/suggestions? I really need my car over the next 2 months so have to get this sorted asap...

All advice greatly appreciated guys/gals, thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Thanks a million man!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

there is a fee of €10 and you will need photographic identification and 2 license pictures for the actual license.

robbie_998 wrote: »
    there is a fee of €10 and you will need photographic identification and 2 license pictures for the actual license.

I'll need photo ID for when I go to the Garda station or when I apply for my new license? Crap, I've also lost my passport....

I'll need photo ID for when I go to the Garda station or when I apply for my new license? Crap, I've also lost my passport....

when you apply for the new one.

if you have no photo ID you can risk a birth cert or something (birth cert worked for a guy i know cos he had no kind of photo ID)

• Advertisement

when you apply for the new one.

if you have no photo ID you can risk a birth cert or something (birth cert worked for a guy i know cos he had no kind of photo ID)

Excellent, thanks for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

I lost my learner permit in feb this year when i was in dublin for college. I reported it lost in donnybrook garda station and they took my details in case it was handed in and stamped my lost/stolen licence form. I posted the form with 2 passport photos, a postal order for 10/15 euro (i forget) and my student card (only other id i had in dublin) to the mto at home. I received my replacement permit to my college address within a fortnight.

AFAIK they will take any ID including work id/bus pass/birth cert etc... and i dont think i needed any id in the garda station.

You should be grand

He said in the first post he LOST his license.... i filled out a form only the other day for a guy i know to get it replaced and the fee was €10

He said in the first post he LOST his license.... i filled out a form only the other day for a guy i know to get it replaced and the fee was €10
    Replacing a lost, stolen or damaged driving licence or learner permit

In this Document Related Topics

Information
    Rules
    Rates
    How to apply
    Where to apply
    Information
    If your current driving licence or learner permit is lost, stolen, damaged or defaced, you should apply to your local Motor Taxation Office for a replacement. The replacement licence or permit is a duplicate or exact copy of your original driving licence or learner permit.

If there are any special provisions on your original licence or permit (for example, a requirement that you wear spectacles, or you drive an adapted vehicle or you have an endorsement on your licence), the duplicate licence/permit will also state this. Your duplicate licence/permit will be valid for the same period as your original licence/permit.

Rules
    It is a requirement in Ireland that you carry your driving licence/learner permit with you at all times when driving. Failure to produce your licence/permit when requested to by a member of the Gardai (Irish police force) is an offence.

Where your driving licence/learner permit has been lost, stolen, damaged or defaced and is still in date (that is, valid for use), you can apply for a replacement by completing an application form D.800. This form must be signed and stamped by a Garda in your local Garda Station.

What should I do if my lost licence has expired?

Where your most recent driving licence/learner permit or full Irish driving licence has been lost or stolen but has expired and is no longer valid, you can only apply for a new licence/permit. You must complete a lost licence declaration form (Form D8 A) which is available at your local Garda Station. This form must be signed and stamped by the officer on duty at the Garda Station and submitted along with your application form for renewal of your driving licence or learner permit.

Rates
    There is a €10 fee to obtain a duplicate driving licence or learner permit from your Motor Taxation Office.

You pay the standard licence/permit fee if your licence/permit has been lost or stolen but is out of date and you are renewing it.

How to apply
    The application form D.800 is available from your local Motor Taxation Office and your local Garda Station. This form must be signed and stamped by a Garda in your local Garda Station.

Your completed application form should be submitted to your local Motor Taxation Office and must include the following:

Two identical passport-type photographs, with the back of both signed by you
    The appropriate fee
    Where to apply

An application for a replacement driving licence or learner permit should be made to your local Motor Taxation Office.

The Road Safety Authority provides information on driving licences and learner permits.

Road Safety Authority

Moy Business Park
    Primrose Hill
    Ballina
    Mayo
    IRELAND
    Tel: (096) 25000
    Locall: 1890 506 080
    Fax: (096) 25252
    Homepage: http://www.rsa.ie
    Email: info@rsa.ie

As i was saying...

• Advertisement

Would I need to apply for a replacement for my current license and then use the replacement to get it renewed (as it expires in about 2 weeks) or can I just send the Lost License form off to get the renewed license? :/

Would I need to apply for a replacement for my current license and then use the replacement to get it renewed (as it expires in about 2 weeks) or can I just send the Lost License form off to get the renewed license? :/

I want to go by my last post on this one.

You can apply for a replacement one before your current runs out and pay €10 or do what the mod said and wait 2 weeks and pay €15

Advertisement