Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best monitor for graphic designers

Options
  • 23-05-2010 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm in the process of building a pc from which to do my work, I'm well up on components, but have no idea about monitors, I was wondering if anyone knew, or could point me in the direction of a monitor suited towards graphic designers.

Thanks

Fireborn

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You'll want to calibrate whatever you get for print accuracy.

Have a look at the Spyders.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

As much as it pains me to say, apple made the best monitors for colour in graphic design. It was the only reason to get an apple notebook for graphic design.

These days however, apple have lost that edge as s-ips monitor's are made by a number of companies.
    S-IPS/H-IPS (In Plane Switching) panels are generally considered the best overall LCD technology for image quality, color accuracy and viewing angles, but this comes at a price.

Thats what your're after.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭zippygirl

5uspect wrote: »
    You'll want to calibrate whatever you get for print accuracy.

Have a look at the Spyders.

Whats a good deal/price for this one? I mean, can you get it 2nd hand or on ebay?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

zippygirl wrote: »
    Whats a good deal/price for this one? I mean, can you get it 2nd hand or on ebay?

No idea. Perhaps ask over in Photography.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 sheeplover

Wow that colorimeter must be great. I'll ask in the other channel if I can also find it in Amazon. I like it more than Ebay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement