Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants/takeaways in the Twin Towns

Options
  • 23-05-2010 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

What's your opinion on the eating establishments that we have in the Twin Towns?

I like the Chinatower, although I haven't had a sit-in meal there in years. Heeneys is good for a feed, nothing too fancy but does the job very nicely.

Was in Zafran once and found the food OK but was disappointed with the portion size, wouldn't go back although I hear there are some good deals going.

For a takeaway - Hard to beat the John Dory (great chips) and the Navenny Grill.

Would be interested to hear people's thoughts on other restaurants or takeaways in the town. Are the new Surf and Turf and Chineses any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 CWBS

Hi,

Kees would be the only restaurant I would recommend, but it's been a while since me and my wife have been there, so I wouldn't know for sure.

We know a few other restaurants in the area (you mentioned one of them), but all I can say is they are not worth the time writing about them...

So in my opinion, if you want a decent meal out, go to Letterkenny: I recommend the Tin Tai for a real chinese food experience.

Advertisement