Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

missing period

• 23-05-2010 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi , ive been of the pill since September, since then my period has been regular. My last period was in February. But haven't had once since. I normally get them the first week of the month or around the 9th. In April i had cramps,and really felt like i was getting my period was moody and teary the usual symptoms i get. Ive done test and negative. But still no sign of my period arriving. Ive not been stressed about this as were TTC. But im getting annoyed now because don't no whats going on with my body. Should i go to the doctor & get something to kickstart my cycle or should i just wait for it to come naturally?
    thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Go to your dr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Hi there xxworried x, it's understandable that you're concerned but it may be something simple like your body regulating after coming off the pill. I found that I was regular at first when I came off it and then my cycles went a bit whack. There is a drug you can get (prescription) that kick starts your period, think it's called Provera, so talk with your doc about that, just make sure you are deffo not pregnant first by getting a blood pregnancy test from your doc.
    Another factor that can delay your period is stress. My dad is dying from cancer at the moment and it's obviously been very stressful. My last cycle was 73 days - I reckon it was due to the stress of it all.
    Sometimes a delayed period happens for no reason. Back in 2004 my periods stopped for 9 months for no reason (a phantom pregnancy lol!). I was healthy, and not underweight. An exploratory D&C procedure found no cause. My gyno said it just happens sometimes.....

best of luck ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

thanks so much for your replies
    just and update , i posted this and i mean the next day i got my period, well what im assuming is one is like the end of a normal period very dark and light .. but its something, i was delighted and in total shock i got them. Happy because now i feel i can hopefully start TTC again :)

Advertisement