Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Volkswagen Golf MK 5 GTI Air Condition blowing hot air?

• 23-05-2010 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭

Hopefully someone can help or point me in the right direction.

The last few weeks i noticed the Air condition in my GTi is not working or blowing out cold air. I turned it on and all it blows out is hot air and yes i have checked all the settings. I bought a can of gas today in Halfords for the air condition and put it in the car, the pressure was at zero when i started so after i thought that was the problem fixed. I only put in what it said on the can and no more. After i finished it was still blowing out hot Air and i left car running for a good ten minutes.

Just hoping somone might have an idea what might be the problem and also does anyone know someone who i could bring the car too, normally just drop it into Tom Walsh Motors for a service but not sure if they will be able to solve this issue.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭freighter

I take it you checked the belts and all that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

freighter wrote: »
    I take it you checked the belts and all that

Excuse the ingnorance, not sure what you mean by belts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You could check at the valves where the gas goes in/out to see if any pressure is being retained by just pushing in the valve for a second.

mickdw wrote: »
    You could check at the valves where the gas goes in/out to see if any pressure is being retained by just pushing in the valve for a second.

Oh yes i have done that and it was being retained. I put to much in at first so had to release some to bring to the right pressure. After that still no cold air only warm air. I can hear the air condition come on when i turn it on so its not a fuse or anything i dont think, i could be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Vanbis wrote: »
    Excuse the ingnorance, not sure what you mean by belts?

The belt that works the altenator is usually working the A/C. Then the timing belt is seperate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭kindalen

your compressor could be broken....expensive if it needs replaced.
    it might also be the control valve either. you need to bring it to an aircon expert who also has some diag software loke vagcom. make sure to bring it to someone who is an aircon expert, not just a mechanic as it sounds like a tricky one.
    best of luck.

kindalen wrote: »
    your compressor could be broken....expensive if it needs replaced.
    it might also be the control valve either. you need to bring it to an aircon expert who also has some diag software loke vagcom. make sure to bring it to someone who is an aircon expert, not just a mechanic as it sounds like a tricky one.
    best of luck.

I thougth it might be after trying a google search. I was hoping someone might be able to recommend me a Air con expert or know or someone.

Advertisement