Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lap Top charger?

Options
  • 23-05-2010 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭

does anyone know where you can get chargers in limerick? need to get a replacement for my Hewlet packard 550 laptop

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I had to look for a charger a while back for my old Dell. had terrible trouble trying. but if yours isn't too old it mightn't be a problem. You could try a universal charger that PC World do, but it might be worth trying the MCS place on Parnell St for one specific to your type of laptop. I think it's called MCS anyway, small place, with the big tv in the window that show people passing by.

I'll attach a google maps thing for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Scratch that. Its an in car laptop charger - Just Checked.

Forget what I said and what Steveon quoted below.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Berty wrote: »
    I have a charger I bought for my Dell Laptop but it doesn't fit. It has all the attachments but NONE FOR MINE - BASTARDS!

I will give it to you for free. PM Me if you want it and I can meet you tomorrow.

Hi Berty what type of Dell charger do you require? I have a genuine spare one which is round type if it fits you can also have it for free to reward you for your generosity to the previous poster

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

steveon wrote: »
    Hi Berty what type of Dell charger do you require? I have a genuine spare one which is round type if it fits you can also have it for free to reward you for your generosity to the previous poster

Forget what I said. I have a mains charger. Its a universal in car charger I have no use for. :rolleyes:

Silly me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Maplins also do the universal chargers , but they were about €60 the last time I checked .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Got a charger for an acer in Click in the Crescent. Cost €80 and has universal connections that allow it to connect to any type of laptop!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gymsey

Your best chance would be to buy online(not the Dell store). I got one for my dell laptop about a yr ago for about 50euro including packaging. If you check the back of the charger you'll get a product code, or i'm sure you'd find the code online somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I used to work in Maplin, And I know that they do them, They should be on the 2nd on the right shelf, (Left of the store).

But if its not urgent - I'd recommend trying ebay. As I know from experiance Generic Chargers normally don't go up in .5's which is what most laptops take (19.5)

Advertisement