Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My subject combination, where to do it?

Options
  • 23-05-2010 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Personally i would like to do french, english, history and/or classics, economic, law...

Are these good combinations, what prospects are there?

And where would these be best to do? i know an arts corse is the most likely option. i'm told that galway, cork, ucd and tcd would have a tradition in the arts, so theyre best...
    But i know how experience is so important nowadays and Limerick who dont have a tradition offer EXPERIENCE...

???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

It would have to be either in Cork or Galway for starters because in UCD and Trinity you take fewer subjects; UCD is three then two after the first year and trinity is two for the four years.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭hokeypokey

unknown13 wrote: »
    It would have to be either in Cork or Galway for starters because in UCD and Trinity you take fewer subjects; UCD is three then two after the first year and trinity is two for the four years.

what about work experience? is it very valuable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

hokeypokey wrote: »
    Personally i would like to do french, english, history and/or classics, economic, law...

Are these good combinations, what prospects are there?

And where would these be best to do? i know an arts corse is the most likely option. i'm told that galway, cork, ucd and tcd would have a tradition in the arts, so theyre best...
    But i know how experience is so important nowadays and Limerick who dont have a tradition offer EXPERIENCE...

???

I'm not sure there's anywhere you can do that many subjects to degree level..

You could pick a handful of those subjects and do them through an arts degree. Although the only place that does law as part of arts AFAIK is Maynooth.
    There's Economics and Law in several places, Law with French. You could go to a college with an elective system like UCD and pick a main degree area, then follow some of those other interests through electives.
    You're spoiled for choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

You could pick a handful of those subjects and do them through an arts degree. Although the only place that does law as part of arts AFAIK is Maynooth.
    There's Economics and Law in several places, Law with French. You could go to a college with an elective system like UCD and pick a main degree area, then follow some of those other interests through electives.
    You're spoiled for choice!

Galway have Law through Arts aswell but I think they have two types of law you can do where Law is Law in Maynooth.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

unknown13 wrote: »
    Galway have Law through Arts aswell but I think they have two types of law you can do where Law is Law in Maynooth.

In Galway you only graduate with a BA having only studies legal science and will have to go on to do a LLB afaik. Maynooth you are studying Law and will graduate with a BCL and a recognised one at that. You go into the Law and Arts programme in 2nd year if you get 60 in all your Law exams

Advertisement