Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cornell Plexi 18/20 Head - What Cab?

• 23-05-2010 8:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭

All

Looking at getting this as opposed to the combo, but just wondering, what do you think I need in terms of a Cab? Is this WAY too big??
    Its a good price...I think.....:confused::rolleyes::o

It has 2 Vintage 30watt Celestions. Retail price of this Cab new is £600.00. NOW! £375.00

http://www.guitaravenue.com/images/photos/Cornell%20Plexi%2045-50%20cab.jpg

(Pub gigs mainly, maybe the odd small hotel reception room!)!

Thanks again
    Edja

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Edja wrote: »
    All

Looking at getting this as opposed to the combo, but just wondering, what do you think I need in terms of a Cab? Is this WAY too big??
    Its a good price...I think.....:confused::rolleyes::o

It has 2 Vintage 30watt Celestions. Retail price of this Cab new is £600.00. NOW! £375.00

http://www.guitaravenue.com/images/photos/Cornell%20Plexi%2045-50%20cab.jpg

(Pub gigs mainly, maybe the odd small hotel reception room!)!

Thanks again
    Edja

First £600 for a 2x12 is fricken expensive. You could get a good used 2x12 for around €300 on adverts etc.

2x12 is not too big really. For pubs etc. when you mic up the amp/cab, a 1x12 will do the job fine though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

not a fan of vintage 30's at all,I find them too harsh

have you played them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Seziertisch

Have a look at tube-town.net. You could pick up a cab from there with far tastier speakers for about the same price as the Cornell cab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

punchdrunk wrote: »
    not a fan of vintage 30's at all,I find them too harsh

have you played them?

+1. And I'm glad someone else notices this. I find they sound very harsh especially with single coils.

Punchdrunk, what do you use instead? Unfortunately I still have them but I'm considering Greenbacks as a replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

I've got one cab with golds and one with greenbacks

the celestion golds are the best speakers I've ever heard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭Edja

Hi all

Thanks a million for the replies. To be honest, Ive never played through a Cab in my life, hence why I am on here asking you good peoples advice.!:D Just on the price, its down to 350! I wouldn't pay 600 quid for it, but I wasn't sure anyway on what I should look for. Anyway, appreciate it and will aim to try one with such speakers before purchasing anything!

Thanks again all
    Edja

Advertisement