Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strange Spiral in Sky caught on camera!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Looks kind of cartoonish actually. How come the shockwave seems to only radiate 270degrees? Kind of flat on top?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Looks like a hoax to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

Looks like a multiple hoax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

it was a russian rocket that went out of control, http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/12/10/norway.ufo.light/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

it was a russian rocket that went out of control, http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/12/10/norway.ufo.light/index.html

Why do people always say that. Those pesky Russians, they're as bad as the Chinese and their' bluddy lanterns!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

Wasnt that the excuse for the Norway spiral ? This one is in Canada right ? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

lol them 2 videos would put the Syfi channels cgi to shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Wasnt that the excuse for the Norway spiral ? This one is in Canada right ? :rolleyes:

Yeah, because Canada and Russia are sooooooo far away from each other.

The first video at least looks like something that could be made in flash. The second one looks ok until the explosion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Gladiator.

Its a chinese lantern .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Swamp gas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭fergpie

i LOLed at this. so fake....:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

fergpie wrote: »
    i LOLed at this. so fake....:pac:

Fakeness is funny :D

I automatically lol at fake stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭bytey

thats faker than than pamela andersons jugs , lets be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Sure it's not a trailer for flash forward? fox promo trailer :rolleyes:...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

fake

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

it came from sky downwards, then up again
    they have submarines in sky now, kool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

It's nice CGI, wish it had been real. I think its the same people that did the pyramid over Moscow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Funny how people always say everything is fake :D

Only way alot of people believe anything is when they are standing right in front of what ever it maybe and touching it.Actually even then they would still say its faked lol

caseyann wrote: »
    Funny how people always say everything is fake :D

No, it's not funny. That video was fake.

What's funny is that how quick people are to believe every paranormal/ufo story or video that they read/see. Whatever happened to rational thought?

The reasoned mind saw that video and immediately noticed that it was horrifically fake. It's not to say that all conspiracy theories are fake - but rather that the majority of conspiracy theory followers fail to exercise rational judgement.

dlofnep wrote: »
    No, it's not funny. That video was fake.

What's funny is that how quick people are to believe every paranormal/ufo story or video that they read/see. Whatever happened to rational thought?

The reasoned mind saw that video and immediately noticed that it was horrifically fake. It's not to say that all conspiracy theories are fake - but rather that the majority of conspiracy theory followers fail to exercise rational judgement.

Hence the living in a box theory,who told you what is rational thought?

Ofc there is fakes everywhere still alot that cant be explained,but when they do explain it away.Is it always someone in government employment of some sort who does? And then they tell you this is the logical thought?

• Advertisement

caseyann wrote: »
    Hence the living in a box theory,who told you what is rational thought?

No, it's not "living in a box". One can be open-minded and rational at the same time. Accusing someone who is willing to scrutinize every conspiracy theory that arrives of "living in a box" is an ad hominem. There are a few conspiracy theories that I feel have a strong case for being valid. But many theories are instantly accepted, without being scrutinized. That is my point.

You stated: "Funny how people always say everything is fake"

It's quite clear that the video was fake. So why say it? Unless of course you believe that the video is real - in which case, my initial point is validated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

lets just say ha ha ha.....

CGI and Fake...

anyone actually believe this one??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

fake :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

people always say they are fake because they always are fake

dlofnep wrote: »
    No, it's not "living in a box". One can be open-minded and rational at the same time. Accusing someone who is willing to scrutinize every conspiracy theory that arrives of "living in a box" is an ad hominem. There are a few conspiracy theories that I feel have a strong case for being valid. But many theories are instantly accepted, without being scrutinized. That is my point.

You stated: "Funny how people always say everything is fake"

It's quite clear that the video was fake. So why say it? Unless of course you believe that the video is real - in which case, my initial point is validated.

I was saying that not in reference to the debunked video here.But to people who just choose to have to follow logic fact all the time and don't want to see the wood for the trees.
    Smoke screens are possible how many secret cases does any government security force have up their sleeves.What stuff have they the ability to hide?
    And who is beyond their pay roll to keep stum?
    I know if i saw saw something and they either threatened me or paid me i would shut up lol

I was not accusing you of not having a open mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Grimes wrote: »
    people always say they are fake because they always are fake

Well to be fair, many said that the Norse Spiral was fake until somebody actually took responsibility for it and explained how it happened.

This video is obviously fake, but to say that they are all fake is a little bit faux-naïf

Advertisement