Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE FLAAA

Options
  • 23-05-2010 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Does anyone think the fleadh will attract 250,000 people really? come on sure theres nothing in the town for the people who already live here.Where i work our boss is gone fla mad its all she talks about ,putting her prices up and open all hours day and night,building a bbq outside and all.I aways thought the fla was about a few sessions going on here and there and drinking a few cans. I think the chamber of commerce is feeding retailers a load of bull****.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

yes..yes it will.. ive been going to fleadhanna' since the early eighties.. also the willie clancy week in milltown malbay and cuckoo festival etc etc..
    believe me there will be at the very least 170,000 people passing through the town during the week.. especially now in the current climate when people might be short of a few bob and would be taking in festivals rather than holidaying abroad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 finni S

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY,really i am just dreading it the thoughts of having to work really hard,scares me.id love to take the week off and have the crack but my boss just thinks off the till ringing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

meh... dont take them days off... look for extra pay... as regards holidays etc... in my opinion (formed after approx 25 years of fleadhs!) wot i normally do is i take the thurs and fri of the 2nd wkend and also the monday and tues after.. cos the staunch musicians and the "real" craic doesnt start till the monday after the fleadh when all the flocks of "pedestrians" have gone home and the savage tunesmiths and mental craic starts... when theres a bit of room in the pubs again.. and the publicans are in good form and turf the pints out... trust me on this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

This event seems very low key (though I've not been in Cavan town for a few weeks). Maybe they're advertising on RnaG and TG4 and I'm not listening... I'd imagine it will be a great few days for young and old.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I wonder will the pubs in Cavan be getting late licences for the week of the Fleadh. If I recall the pubs in Galway get it for the week of the races.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

gazzer wrote: »
    I wonder will the pubs in Cavan be getting late licences for the week of the Fleadh. If I recall the pubs in Galway get it for the week of the races.

I think it's pretty much a given that they do. The whole town is on the p1ss for a week

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Finni S

do you work in a pub?

A pub would be a great place to work during the Flaaaaa .. sure it would be busy, but it would be great crack too and you could get a few pints in during work/after the bar closes and get paid to be part of the whole thing.

Advertisement