Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie to UCD

Options
  • 23-05-2010 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Just looking for a little advice! I'm starting the MLIS in September, but really haven't got a notion where to live! As someone who has never been near UCD in their life, I don't know where to start when it comes to even looking for location.

Any advice is seriously appreciated!

Cheeeers duuuuuudes :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Depending on your means I would recommend a residence off campus as residences in ucd arent really suitable for postgrads. I know 2 people living on campus this year doing a masters and at the end of the undergrad year they had the option to leave their room or pay an extra 2k to keep their room for another 2 months. Off campus is cheaper and gives you more freedom.

Also, welcome to UCD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭FewToLose

I was in the same boat (albeit as an undergrad) a couple of years ago. I would recommend you take a trip there first to get a feel of the place, then take a walk around Ranelagh or Dundrum (they are the best areas for amenities). Otherwise Donnybrook or Stillorgan are good options. Would def recommend living off-campus anyway. PM me for more info, and good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Have a search on daft.ie and google maps (i.e. it'll give you an idea of distance etc...). Your best bet is probably Ranelagh, Stillorgan, Dundrum, Milltown maybe Rathmines. If you search around you can get a place for under €400/month fairly easily. On-campus isn't worth the money or the hassle.

Advertisement