Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 men missing off waterford coast....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

two people from South Tipp out on a fishing trip I heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

bodies recovered today.what i dont understand is when they went out to the dingy,the coastguard found two lifejackets in it.why werent they wearing them?its a tradegy that could have being avoided maybe if they were wearing them.

R.I.P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I don't understand it either but sane can becaaid for not wearing seatbelts or helmets ya know?

ziedth wrote: »
    I don't understand it either but sane can becaaid for not wearing seatbelts or helmets ya know?

thats true alright maybe they thought because it was calm they wouldnt need them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

RIP Lads...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

its very sad alrite as it could so easily have been avoid by wearing the life jackets. Even if the second guy had put one on when trying to save the first, they may have been alright. Unfortunatly, he may have panicked and forgot all about it, RIP lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

R.I.P to both men , sad time for their familys and friends :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

The story is in the national media since sunday evening, yet when i looked through the News and Star earlier on, i could not see anything about it. Maybe there is a report in some corner i missed.

saw it on the teletext about them being recovered,tis on page four of news and star that they were searching still.prob went to print before they recovered the bodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

anplaya wrote: »
    saw it on the teletext about them being recovered,tis on page four of news and star that they were searching still.prob went to print before they recovered the bodies.

munster express will probably have it on tommorrow , hopefully they did not go to print before bodys found today for familys sake.

• Advertisement

jo06555 wrote: »
    munster express will probably have it on tommorrow , hopefully they did not go to print before bodys found today for familys sake.

ye news and star is out a day earlier then the munster sure

So it is.

ye news and star is out a day earlier then the munster sure

Some of their news however is a week behind.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Deise Tom wrote: »
    The story is in the national media since sunday evening, yet when i looked through the News and Star earlier on, i could not see anything about it. Maybe there is a report in some corner i missed.

The News & Star website is a bit behind then the paper, and I think the paper gets printed late on Monday for publication on Tuesday. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Both lads now buried, one yesterday,one this morning....

Advertisement