Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robinsons lemon barley

Options
  • 23-05-2010 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭

Has anybody seen this lately in supermarkets? Can't find it anywhere. It's all the horrible no added sugar lemon barley which tastes awful. Has the original lemon barley been discontinued or something?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

I was also horrified to find they had taken the sugar out and put aspartame & saccarin in!

On the ASDA website I see a new drink called Robinson's Be Natural which does not contain artificial sweetener (the ingredients list 'natural sugar'!). But I don't see lemon, or lemon barley!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Just bought proper Robinsons Lemon Barley water in SQ in Ballinteer.

Only 2 bottles left on the shelf.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Thats interesting , Robinsons must be going through a change or something , as my thread earlier showed , we can't but the pink grapefruit anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

It was gone for a good few weeks - prob a month or so, it's back now though and they have changed the shape of the bottle, so must've just been a packaging change! Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Sorry to bump an old thread but has anyone noticed a lack of Lemon Barley water in shops for the last few months. Is it now only a seasonal drink, I'd love a glass of it despite the weather but I can't find it anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭EoC

Hello All,

It's seems to be missing again. Not sure what Robinsons are up to but they are losing a lot of money by not having it stocked. Basics of merchandising is to have it on the shelves.

EoC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Bought a bottle of Robinson's Lemon Barley in my local Dunnes here in Wexford only a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

the same happened last year with the barley orange. I ran around the county stock piling !! after about 3 months it arrived back on the shelves with a new bottle. I even mailed Robinsons to enquire if the product was gone ( got no reply mind you ! )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

It has been gone from my local Tesco's and SuperValu since I posted the above comment, so that's almost 8 months. I've only seen it for sale in the UK since then. I suspected that they had discontinued it in Ireland, though if people have seen it somewhere local then maybe not.

If anyone sees it in a local shop please post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Spotted it again my local Dunnes yesterday (Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford).

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I'm glad it's not just me who was wondering where the hell my favorite weak lemon drink has gone.

Did find some in a local Eurospar but's that's it in my area. wtf is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

same here, next to impossible to get for the last few months.

robinson's now seem to be doing a few different 'fruit & barley' drinks (lemon, orange, peach, summer fruits) but there is hardly any barley in it at all compared to the original stuff (1%, down from 3% in the old one).

tesco's do their own brand barley waters now too, but that's only 0.3% barley which is no good at all.

i don't mind myself, but my wife is prone to kidney infections and its by far the best thing for clearing it up.

the good news is, it looks like you can make your own relatively easily, so i might well give it a bash and see how it turns out. :)

http://irishherault.wordpress.com/2009/08/21/irish-lemon-barley-recipes/

Advertisement