Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

netgear wgr614v7 problem.

Options
  • 23-05-2010 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭

I recent done an upgrade of my net gear wireless netgear wgr614v7 and now its not working the power light is on and the 1 number is flashing but nothing else.I done a hard reset and its still the same and the Ethernet cable straight to the laptop is working fine.Any ideas how to fix this or restore it to factory firmware?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

By not working what exactly do you mean? Do you perhaps have to go into the settings and adjust them to suit your current ISP? Can you get access to the admin page via a web-browser?

Did anything unusual happen when you were updating the router?

What sort of hard reset are we talking about here, just pressing the button on the back or going the whole 60 seconds?

A full reset can usually be performed by holding down the reset button with the power lead attached for 20 seconds, then, still holding the reset button, remove the power lead. Keep holding the reset button and replace the the power cable after another 20 seconds and continue to hold the reset button for a further 20 seconds with the power cable now plugged back in.

So that'll be 60 seconds of continously holding the reset button while removing and replacing the power lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

By not working what exactly do you mean? Do you perhaps have to go into the settings and adjust them to suit your current ISP? Can you get access to the admin page via a web-browser?

Did anything unusual happen when you were updating the router?

What sort of hard reset are we talking about here, just pressing the button on the back or going the whole 60 seconds?

A full reset can usually be performed by holding down the reset button with the power lead attached for 20 seconds, then, still holding the reset button, remove the power lead. Keep holding the reset button and replace the the power cable after another 20 seconds and continue to hold the reset button for a further 20 seconds with the power cable now plugged back in.

So that'll be 60 seconds of continously holding the reset button while removing and replacing the power lead.
    sorry man iv been away with the last few days.I can access the modem admin page but but not the wireless router.I done the hard reset you suggested and still nothing.The router powers up as per usual but its not sending a signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Sounds like you are after bricking your router.

I take it your modem admin page is a seperate router that you have setup in bridged mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Thanks lads its all fixed now.i just need to format the whole router.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

damagegt wrote: »
    Thanks lads its all fixed now.i just need to format the whole router.

Hi,
    Can you please elaborate on how did you "format the whole router"?
    Because of the notorious UPC connection drops (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055827236) I tried upgrading my router too and it doesn't boot now.
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

Any one tried following this advice to revive the router: http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=30453? I may have to do it myself.

Advertisement