Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Is my XBOX ****ed?

• 23-05-2010 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭

Its not recognising game disc's when i put them in.Literally have to spend 10 minutes opening and closing tray before the thing reads the disc....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Does it happen every time you put in a game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Yep./But once the game loads its fine.It started a while ago with just MW2 and ithought it was the ring burn problem onit but now its with every game:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Or do oyu get it showing play dvd ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 RebelsChoice67

Is yer XBOX insured?

actually havent tried a dvd..will try that now.

Nope same as the game discs.Takes a good few tries

• Advertisement

Is yer XBOX insured?

nope and its outside it warranty (although not the 3 year RROD one)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

If it was me I would log it under the RROD and stick a note in with the console to say the drive is hit and miss. A lot of consoles would go back and still boot up a few time bofore the rrod would show up so I would not worry about them saying it never had the rrod. I had my console replaced three times since September. The first time the ethernet and usb port at the back were broke so I stuck in a note to say the same after logging it for RROD, new console returned. The second was to noisey the third rrod again. All three times I got a full replacement. The way I see it two weeks and a new box.

thanks bennyc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

let us know how u get on

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭_MadRa_

Does it say its reading when the disc is inside?
    maybe it doesnt realise there is a disc present...

• Advertisement

_MadRa_ wrote: »
    Does it say its reading when the disc is inside?
    maybe it doesnt realise there is a disc present...

no it goes reading for a second or 2 then open tray.Basically open/shut tray till it reads proper.But its with every disc whether its a game or dvd.Plays grand once you get it to load.

Have exams at moment so maybe its a good thing:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Could be as simple as a dirty lense. Try lense cleaner and see if that solves it.

Also try it lying flat.

(the xbox, not you.)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭_MadRa_

my friend had the same problem, if it loaded once it would load again next startup...but if you took it out and put it back in, it wouldnt read...he never got it fixed tho ...just sat down with it for 15 mins opening and closing the tray...at the time we were only playing cod4, so it wasnt an issue...he bought an arcade version since and just put all his bits on bobs on it ... his 360 was well outside the warrenty....Was Sooo annoying..

my last 360 broke just after my exams :D
    just my luck

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Also try it lying flat.

(the xbox, not you.)

Lol..and yep a lense cleaner seems to have it working again..yay!!

Thanks for all the reply's lads

Advertisement