Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Clubbing

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

gimmick wrote: »
    And it was The Factory before that!

For underage trivia, my first under age pint was in The Horse Ass on Patrcks Quay in junior cert year. That place seriously took the piss in its serrving policies.

Now that place I dont remember. My first tipple was in the Pheonix, upstairs is where the underage were sent as I remember it. we thought we were **** hot...:D

Leads me to think though, how in gods name does the Catwalk get away with everything that is wrong with that place? Sometimes I think it is a blessing in disguise; keep 'that' clientelle in one place and away from everywhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Id say the Gardai are afraid to go in there tbh. Walked by there the other night and it was just scum outside, travellers etc. Can imagine the pondlife inside there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I know this is turning into a where did you drink underage thread bud how bad.

Con Disco was the first place I got a pint served by a bar man. Next was the Silver Key - they got sussed pretty quick so it was off to the Maylor for a few months then graduated to the Maltings and the Keg.

I would hate to be underage now, either trying to get served in bars or off licences. Much easier 15+ years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

Anyone remember Babes on North Main St? They would of served a 10 year old in there.

poconnor16 wrote: »

Leads me to think though, how in gods name does the Catwalk get away with everything that is wrong with that place? Sometimes I think it is a blessing in disguise; keep 'that' clientelle in one place and away from everywhere else.
    gimmick wrote: »
    Id say the Gardai are afraid to go in there tbh. Walked by there the other night and it was just scum outside, travellers etc. Can imagine the pondlife inside there.

In all fairness it's not that bad, if ye think the "clientelle" are "scum" in there ye really must have led fairly sheltered lives. A friend of mine DJd in there until very recently on Sunday and Fridays.

• Advertisement

RoverJames wrote: »
    In all fairness it's not that bad, if ye think the "clientelle" are "scum" in there ye really must have led fairly sheltered lives. A friend of mine DJd in there until very recently on Sunday and Fridays.

I've worked in more than one pub/night club in Cork city, worked in the industry in Oz and New Zealand so I think I have seen my fair share - I hardly think my life has been 'sheltered'. And also, this is just my opinion, to which I am entitled.:rolleyes:

Having had to walk down that street on my way to and from work, my experience has been very young looking people falling out the door of the place, vomiting on the street. Girls cat fighting, roaring and shouting at each other...and all this before 11pm. I once made the terrible mistake of looking at a fella shouting into his girlfriends face and was questioned as to 'what da fupp are you looking at ya w*ore.?' C'mon, that place has had a terrible name for years and has been shut down numerous times...

Yes this goes on in town all the time and in many other places. I think it is much more 'concentrated' in the Catwalk though.

Sorry, I thought you were a chap, 100% ok for any lady to think it's a scummy, rotten hole :)

lol though if you thinking working in a pub in Oz or New Zealand means you haven't led a sheltered life. Oh the youth of today.

Sorry, I thought you were a chap, 100% ok for any lady to think it's a scummy, rotten hole :)

lol though if you thinking working in a pub in Oz or New Zealand means you haven't led a sheltered life. Oh the youth of today.

No apologies needed!:)

So what defines sheltered life? Surely the fact that I grew up in the Northside (and survived!), travelled, dabbled in bar work, did the college thing, ended up in Software (zzzzz..).....
    Ok so I'm not Indiana Jones but I think Iv'e done ok in 30 years. :D

Lets discuss further over a bottle of Wicked in the Catlwalk. LOL

Thought you were younger too :) Me 30 too :(

Thought you were younger too :) Me 30 too :(

Not old enough to remember Spiders or Francis Hall but just old enough to have been in Streets and Zoe's. And by just I mean 16.
    <hangs head in shame>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ha, I used run underage discos in Zoes years ago after a fight I had with the henrys management. made a fecking fortune off it.

Woeked in Zoes for years as well. Cushiest number ever.

Advertisement