Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to replace a chain on a roller blind?

• 23-05-2010 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just carrying out some repairs on the flat before I move out of it at the end of the month so I get my deposit back. Recently the chain came off the roller blind, I assume because I pulled on it too hard.

Anyway, I've figured out that I have to take the part at the end of the blind where the chain goes re-insert it and pop the blind back up. But I can't get it off. It's a Luxaflex brand of that's any help, with a plastic piece in a cross shaped hole.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,619 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Is it a continuous loop of chain, did it just slip off the spindle? I had that happen and I took the blind down, fed the chain back onto the grooves and replaced it. The loop did not come off the blind completely, just came off the grooves and I did not have to remove it - I do not think it would have come off without dismantling the blind.

Not sure if I am understanding your question correctly :)

Advertisement