Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is best senior football team in tipp now?

Options
  • 23-05-2010 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Aherlow, moyle rovers, galtee rovers, loughmore?

any takers what ye think be a good bet for county this year. feel these are best teams out there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

rob55 wrote: »
    Aherlow, moyle rovers, galtee rovers, loughmore?

any takers what ye think be a good bet for county this year. feel these are best teams out there
    Without Declan Browne, Moyle rovers will win nothing.

I'd put money on Aherlow if I was backing anyone though.

As an each way bet, throw a few euro on Carrick Swans.... They were 66-1 a few weeks back, they are probably 30-1 or so now.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭rob55

Would think moyle rovers still be strong enough even without Browne? No,

Aherlow will always be strong, be semis anyway. Ya true about carrick impressed with them and also with clonmel og. commercials do nothing. still fancy my club galtees!, feel we do will, have squad to win it.

moyle 6/5, aherlow 11/4, galtees 9/2, top 3 favorites in paddies

[URL="javascript:void(0)"] [/URL]

How far Galtee will go will depend on how the hurling is going. Ye've an intermediate team and are also part of the Combo up west so it'll be hard to go far in the football with the hurling going strong.

On paper Moyle Rovers are very strong, even without Browne but I don't think they'll win it without him. (Not sure when he is back from injury)

ya true about hurling, 2 two teams. if had choice put more effort in the football than hurling, likely win something in football than hurling!

does many players for carrick swans play both hurling or football?

ya true about hurling, 2 two teams. if had choice put more effort in the football than hurling, likely win something in football than hurling!

does many players for carrick swans play both hurling or football?
    Maybe 10 play hurling and football - Some would only be junior hurlers though. There hasn't been a proper football training session in the club for as long as I can remember (if ever). The players would be fit from Hurling/soccer so they get along okay. If they trained, they could actually win something but personally I'd rather compete in hurling than win something at football.

• Advertisement

didnt carrick swans beat commercials in south championship last week, was it a fluke or were carrick just were more better than them.

ya ye are more knowing for hurling than football, so see point in winning something in hurling.

ye only town in tipp that has 3 senior hurling clubs, are davins senior and are st mollerans senior in waterford?

didnt carrick swans beat commercials in south championship last week, was it a fluke or were carrick just were more better than them.

ya ye are more knowing for hurling than football, so see point in winning something in hurling.

ye only town in tipp that has 3 senior hurling clubs, are davins senior and are st mollerans senior in waterford?
    Am, I wouldn't say it was a fluke, the players are there, like they won an intermediate title last year without one training session, but they could certainly do a lot more with a bit of training.

Mollerans would be intermediate in Waterford. They were beaten in the intermediate County Final 2 years ago so would be handy enough. However, they were lucky not to be relegated last year to Junior as they had a bad year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

looder wrote: »
    Maybe 10 play hurling and football - Some would only be junior hurlers though. There hasn't been a proper football training session in the club for as long as I can remember (if ever). The players would be fit from Hurling/soccer so they get along okay. If they trained, they could actually win something but personally I'd rather compete in hurling than win something at football.
    Judging by the reaction from the Swan mentors on the line after the win over Clonmel 0g last Wednesday night in Kilsheelan there are a few in the club that like a win in the Football.(Stoker,Lolly Sweets.)Them lads were well happy at the final whistle.

i can see carrick pully an upset in da south, fancy them to be in final aganist moyle rovers. fethard, cahir, ardfinnian hav falling down i recent years

wouldnt be surprise if they get to semis in county

Advertisement