Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating

Options
  • 23-05-2010 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

Ok, im worried and freaked!!!
    Ive worked this year, but not consistantly.
    And Im failing maths OL
    I got 355 in pre
    I need 410
    It feels miles away and im afraid ill be repeating.
    :( Help sniff.....

Anyone else feel if they dont get their course, their finished??
    I feel done for personally if I dont get it :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    Ok, im worried and freaked!!!
    Ive worked this year, but not consistantly.
    And Im failing maths OL
    I got 355 in pre
    I need 410
    It feels miles away and im afraid ill be repeating.
    :( Help sniff.....

Anyone else feel if they dont get their course, their finished??
    I feel done for personally if I dont get it :(
    Look, not trying to sound cliched but you wont with that attitude!! All you need is 55 points improvement from the mocks, thats nowhere near impossible. Wheather you've worked or not up to this s irrelivant all you need todo is focus over the next few weeks. We still have a decent run in to the exams.
    Remember,
    "If you think you are beaten, you are"!!!
    Good luck:p

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

You will be fine. 2 weeks of cramming combined with serious work can do wonders. Focus on your worst or your most important subject and build it from there. Commit yourself to 20-30 mins per subject speed revision ie time how long you spend on the subject. Do this everyday along with studying during lunch time in school. Get into an empy classroom somwhere and just focus. I do this and it is hard especially when you wanna spend time with mates but it will be wellll worth it. Lunch is usually 50 minutes. Multiply this by 10. That's 500 minutes of pure work Which is something like 8 hours!!

Consider waking up a little bit early Before school just to briefly go over what you did the previous night. This can be like 20 minutes a day. Again multiply this by 10. 200 mins which is 3 hours and 20 mins! Not bad eh?

It's only 2 weeks so pouring your heart and soul into study from now between the exams will be worth the struggle. I can guarantee that if you study like I said, you will improve by 100 points easy. Just focus. Stay calm smile be happy and treat study like a treat! :D

I got 310 in the mocks and need 400. It is possible but I just have to work... Or I may be repeating again! In my opinion, their is no more time for free time. Or leisure. Leisure begins for me on the 17 th of June: after my last exam!!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

It ain't over till the fat lady sings!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

The mocks aren't an accurate indication of the points you'll get in the real thing; they badly marked and the papers are often harder than the real exam. You've had a few extra months of revision done since the mocks and with a bit of cramming over the next couple of weeks you'll be grand. I went up 65 points from my mock result last year, and I've heard of people going up by 100. So don't give up yet and don't stress about not getting your course. Focus your energy on studying and getting those extra points. Trust me you've got all summer to worry about whether or not you got your course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

fufureida wrote: »
    You will be fine. 2 weeks of cramming combined with serious work can do wonders. Focus on your worst or your most important subject and build it from there. Commit yourself to 20-30 mins per subject speed revision ie time how long you spend on the subject. Do this everyday along with studying during lunch time in school. Get into an empy classroom somwhere and just focus. I do this and it is hard especially when you wanna spend time with mates but it will be wellll worth it. Lunch is usually 50 minutes. Multiply this by 10. That's 500 minutes of pure work Which is something like 8 hours!!

Consider waking up a little bit early Before school just to briefly go over what you did the previous night. This can be like 20 minutes a day. Again multiply this by 10. 200 mins which is 3 hours and 20 mins! Not bad eh?

It's only 2 weeks so pouring your heart and soul into study from now between the exams will be worth the struggle. I can guarantee that if you study like I said, you will improve by 100 points easy. Just focus. Stay calm smile be happy and treat study like a treat! :D

I got 310 in the mocks and need 400. It is possible but I just have to work... Or I may be repeating again! In my opinion, their is no more time for free time. Or leisure. Leisure begins for me on the 17 th of June: after my last exam!!

thats my last exam too :D
    I really want 410 points but everytime i sit down i think - ill do it tomorrow :eek: and i know theres barely any time left!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

I've already decided I'm repeating. Good times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Seriously: stop it all of you. Leave the repeating talk until you get your results. I thought I'd need to repeat before I even started and ended up messing up my CAO because I thought I wouldn't get the points for anything. I did, but I hadn't put the courses down.

Now I AM repeating.

Don't give up before it even starts. It's honestly not as hard and scary as you think or your teachers make it out to be! Give it one last push for the next two weeks; at least then if you have to go back and do it all again you can say you tried!

Advertisement