Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pc build....just above mid-range(i think :P) looking for opinions

Options
  • 23-05-2010 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Cpu = Intel Core i5-750 Quad Core 2.66GHz 8MB Processor
    Mb = Asus LGA1156 Intel P55 E PRO ATX
    Psu = Corsair Memory hx620W
    Gcard = XFX ATI Radeon 5770 HD 875Mhz 1GB PCI-Express HDMI XXX
    Hdd = CAVIAR BLACK 640GB SATA/600 7200RPM 64mb
    Ram = OCZ Technology OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 1333MHz Gold Low Voltage 4gb
    Case = Cooler Master HAF 922
    Drive = LG DVD±RW burner GH24NS50 24x

what do people think? would hope to get tips on improving a certain spec etc...

cheers in advance..

p.s btw i should have mentiond its a budget gameing build

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

That build gives me a rock in my pants.

yeah, it's pretty much dead on! PSU does'nt have to be so high though. overall, a very good build. I assume its a 1080p resolutions you'd be playing at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 GGspeedz

That build gives me a rock in my pants.

yeah, it's pretty much dead on! PSU does'nt have to be so high though. overall, a very good build. I assume its a 1080p resolutions you'd be playing at?

cool cuz iv spent ages looking up parts xD

yes i have a samsung 23 inch full hd tv,

yeah i was thinking of getting the corsair vx550 but im tempted by the hx620 because its modular so im still undecided.Also im hoping somebody could recommend a wifi card because im clueless as to whats good..

cheers in advance..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

lovely build i nearly have the very same build the only thing i would say is stay away from asus mobo iv gone through 2 p55 boards by asus there crap look at msi or gigabite i love the msi p55 gd80

massy086 wrote: »
    lovely build i nearly have the very same build the only thing i would say is stay away from asus mobo iv gone through 2 p55 boards by asus there crap look at msi or gigabite i love the msi p55 gd80

thats interesting about the asus mobo did anyone else have any bad exp with asus mobo?

cheers in advance..

ya, all reports on p55 boards say to stay away from asus low and mid-range boards. Gigabyte would be my choice for p55. Have you considered the corsair hx650 over the 620? It is a newer more efficient design. possibly more expensive.

• Advertisement

ya, all reports on p55 boards say to stay away from asus low and mid-range boards. Gigabyte would be my choice for p55. Have you considered the corsair hx650 over the 620? It is a newer more efficient design. possibly more expensive.

ya its not much extra so i might just get it, ty.

k so next decision is GA-P55A UD 4, 5, or 6,

anyone want to help me with my decision? xD

cheers in advance..

I would get the ud2 micro atx board if it has enough slots/ports for your needs. A great overclocker and very cheap.
    http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/motherboards/2010/03/25/gigabyte-ga-p55m-ud2-motherboard-review/1

I would get the ud2 micro atx board if it has enough slots/ports for your needs. A great overclocker and very cheap.
    http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/motherboards/2010/03/25/gigabyte-ga-p55m-ud2-motherboard-review/1

its looks good for the price but i'm looking for an atx with Sata 6 and USB 3,

basically a board that will last.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

GA-P55A-UD3 springs to mind ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Just wondering where you were getting the graphics card from . Those 5770's have been holding their price for a good while now .

• Advertisement

jonski wrote: »
    Just wondering where you were getting the graphics card from . Those 5770's have been holding their price for a good while now .

im gonna be mixing the order between dabs.ie and komplett.ie

reason being local shipping so less waitingtime xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 daboymolly

i have a very similiar build, how much is all that costing you?

daboymolly wrote: »
    i have a very similiar build, how much is all that costing you?

emm atm with the vx550 psu and a gigabyte p55a ud4 mobo its 1000.

that is my limit so hopefully people wont be suggesting a better type(more exp)something or other xD(unless its a must ofc..:P)

i would like to think i have it nailed at this stage and that i can enjoy this comp for at least 3 years hopefully more...

this looks like what u want

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ironbar

Graphics card is crappy. wouldnt pair a core i5 with a 5770. should be a 5850 at least. As for a PSU I would go for the HX650 or HX750. Especially if you maybe want to put in a second GPU for crossfire.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-5770,2446-7.html

At the moment two HD5750s are cheaper than a HD5850, and two HD5770s cheaper than a single HD5870, even after the recent spate of HD57*0 price hikes. Seeing as a single HD5770 1GB can manage high settings on most games well at even 1080p it might be a better plan to get one now and another down the line if you don't have quite enough money to spring for a HD5850.

Solitaire wrote: »
    At the moment two HD5750s are cheaper than a HD5850, and two HD5770s cheaper than a single HD5870, even after the recent spate of HD57*0 price hikes. Seeing as a single HD5770 1GB can manage high settings on most games well at even 1080p it might be a better plan to get one now and another down the line if you don't have quite enough money to spring for a HD5850.

yep i really dont want to fork out any more so and i am going for the card from the printscreen 3 posts ago.

My last question is cooling....the haf922 comes with 2 200mm (front intake and top exhaust) fans and 1 120mm(rear exhaust).
    will this be enough or will i need to add more?

cheers in advance..

Hopefully not - that's a lot of fannage to get with a case! :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

How's a 5770 and an i5 a terrible combination? :confused: It's definately the sweet spot right now.

orders in! no going back now :D

• Advertisement

well done i have the same,ish build and love it have fun building it

massy086 wrote: »
    well done i have the same,ish build and love it have fun building it

cheers!
    ya i can't wait hopefully everything will run smoothly altough you might get a tread "NEED HELP" in a week or two hopefully not though fingers crossed xD

Thanks all for the advice, helped me out alot!

Advertisement