Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

15mb Broadband, HD TV, free phone-calls offer from UPC?

Options
  • 23-05-2010 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭

Yesterday a young Polish guy in a suit was calling door-to-doorin my area (Caherdavin) trying to sell a broadband, HDTV and phone offer from UPC (formerly Chorus)

I felt sorry for the poor lad walking the hot pavements in the heat with a suit, shirt and tie, and almost gave in to signing up. Then I remembered all my negative experiences with Chorus before I switched to Sky.

Has anyone gone for the 15mb broadband, HD TV & phone rental/free calls offer for € 95.00 per month?

Are there still issues with UPC or have they gotten their act together?

The offer seems very attractive but I still have doubts about that crowd.

John.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I had them for a year and then had move to sky and eircom as I moved house where UPC isn't available.

I miss it so badly,the internet service is second to none.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

they do a good enough internet service but the TV service is crap. a lot of rubbish channels making the EPG look funll but most of it is garbage.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

...a lot of rubbish channels making the EPG look full but most of it is garbage.

Same applies to all the tv service providers surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭RINO87

I would definatley reccomend UPC. they have really cleaned up their act since the chorus days, internet service is second to none and the tv service aint half bad either. they filter out most of the ****e that comes with sky, and give you great channels like BBC4.

no more hanging on the fone for hours when you ring customer care either, altho their answer machine thingy is a bit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Most TV is terrible to be honest.
    But that's just my oppinion, and not just UPC.

I have UPC TV/BB/Telephone.
    It's good for what it is.

With BB it's the best out there, no questions IMO, as long as it's working.
    Some areas of Dublin have major issues (check out the BB forum) but in Limerick everything seems grand.
    I've had it in a few addresses in varying areas.
    Currently in the city center and I've had prolems all of two times in the last year and a half.
    Both times the service went for about 30 mins at around 1:00 am.

The Phone is just a phone service.
    I rarely use it, but I've never had an issue.

As for the tv, again I rarely use tv, but I've never had any major issues.
    I've the old DVR box, and it does run very hot, but the newer ones are supposed to be better.
    The one thing I'll warn you about is that while UPC do have HD, they haven't an agreement with Sky for Sky Sports or Sky Movies HD yet.

They do have ESPN HD though.

I'd say go for it.
    You'll save a good bit if you have all three services with others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

a lot of rubbish channels making the EPG look funll but most of it is garbage.

Yeah, sky's channel line up is 100% excellence!

Here is a full list of the filler channels sky use, a hell of a lot more than UPC's you'll find....
    (Been gone from sky three years now, still cry every time I think I am missing mta muslim tv and rural tv)

SKYFREESATCHANNELGUIDE14Mar200_2.jpg

Advertisement