Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I hate Sandycove on Sunny Days >:(

Options
  • 24-05-2010 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭

Just a bit of a rant about the scangers that the weekends weather brought out to the Forty Foot in Sandycove :mad:

I headed down there with a few friends yesterday and the place was over run with cider drinking, celtic tattooed, nike air capped, trackie bottoms tucked in socks scangers! I know this happens every summer but it was really bad yesterday (saw a few really agressive individuals, couple of fights, a lot of drunkeness and a few bags being robbed). I definately would say the place wasn't safe for families. In the end me and the lads didn't even bother going for a swim cause we didn't trust leaving our stuff unattended.

I really hate the way the sun seems to bring out the worst of people in Dublin. I'll be heading to Collymore or Whiterock in the future!

Only others getting fed up of a really pleasant place for a swim turned into Ibiza on the Irish Sea the first sign of sun??? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Ahh topless pasty-white Damo and his mates about eh?
    Killiney and Whiterock are if anything worse on days like that. :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Tell me about it. The balmy sunny days, full of people swimming and enjoying themselves and the sweet sound of "****ing hell Anto ya bleedin bollox, where dya put da bleedin fags" sweeping across the air.

You should take a stroll around there at about 9pm as I often do, the place looks like a landfill site with all the empty dutch gold cans, dirty nappies and fagbuts.

I know that if you live in Sandycove then you have to expect that it will get busy on sunny days, but visitors should show a bit of respect, at least the parking seems to be getting under control. Saturday morning there was a whole line of cars parked on the pavement up Sandycove road east, all so far on the pavement you had to walk on the road. Each one had a parking ticket though which was nice to see.

The council have finally realised they can make an absolute mint on all the idiots on days like these. They regularly go from the Harbour in DL right the way down past Sandycove and back along the next road in from the coast in loops and get dozens and dozens of the fools. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Ahh topless pasty-white Damo and his mates about eh?
    Killiney and Whiterock are if anything worse on days like that. :mad::mad::mad:

:eek: :mad:

Tell me about it. The balmy sunny days, full of people swimming and enjoying themselves and the sweet sound of "****ing hell Anto ya bleedin bollox, where dya put da bleedin fags" sweeping across the air.

You should take a stroll around there at about 9pm as I often do, the place looks like a landfill site with all the empty dutch gold cans, dirty nappies and fagbuts.

I know that if you live in Sandycove then you have to expect that it will get busy on sunny days, but visitors should show a bit of respect, at least the parking seems to be getting under control. Saturday morning there was a whole line of cars parked on the pavement up Sandycove road east, all so far on the pavement you had to walk on the road. Each one had a parking ticket though which was nice to see.

About time!

• Advertisement

:eek: :mad:

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I noticed that on Sunny days there seems to be a lot more skangers on the dart when I'm going home from work alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

draffodx wrote: »
    I noticed that on Sunny days there seems to be a lot more skangers on the dart when I'm going home from work alright.
    On rainy days you can find them stuck inside watching re-runs of Doctor Phil while drinking cans of Carling, paid for by Johnny Taxpayer of course. I normally frown upon ethnic cleansing but for these scummers it wouldn't be good enough!

:confused:

Sorry meant to say I didn't know Whiterock was over run with the charming Deco's and Anto's of this world as well as Sandycove!

My smilie language clearly needs work.. ;)

Sorry meant to say I didn't know Whiterock was over run with the charming Deco's and Anto's of this world as well as Sandycove!
    My smilie language clearly needs work.. ;)

Ah I see, it's just as bad if not worse. I never intend to ever visit that beach again unless its cold and raining or late at night.

It is kinda funny in the late evening though, watching all the bright glowing red skangers walking off :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

grenache wrote: »
    On rainy days you can find them stuck inside watching re-runs of Doctor Phil while drinking cans of Carling, paid for by Johnny Taxpayer of course. I normally frown upon ethnic cleansing but for these scummers it wouldn't be good enough!

I disagree, I think it would be perfectly acceptable for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

grenache wrote: »

Doctor Phil?? Jesus if only.

It's Jeremy Kyle all the way for the residents of Knackeragua.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

Dollymount is the same. It's a pity. lager lout eastern europeans and half dressed scum from Darndale. I go walking in the park on good days.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

mal1 wrote: »
    Dollymount is the same. It's a pity. lager lout eastern europeans and half dressed scum from Darndale. I go walking in the park on good days.
    ye can't swim in the park though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Saw guys trying to start a fight down there once, a big lad stepped in and grabbed something out of the scumbags hand and they went.

They should fully allow nude swimming again! I know it goes on around the corner at forty foot, but I do actually think if there were naked auld lads around the scum would not hang around there -most of them being homophobes and all, they feel uncomfortable. The best place for swimming is the vico baths AKA hawks cliff, nude swimming goes on there and I have never seen scum hang around there, I did see a few groups arrive a few times with cans but legged it the moment they saw a cock!

rubadub wrote: »
    Saw guys trying to start a fight down there once, a big lad stepped in and grabbed something out of the scumbags hand and they went.

They should fully allow nude swimming again! I know it goes on around the corner at forty foot, but I do actually think if there were naked auld lads around the scum would not hang around there -most of them being homophobes and all, they feel uncomfortable. The best place for swimming is the vico baths AKA hawks cliff, nude swimming goes on there and I have never seen scum hang around there, I did see a few groups arrive a few times with cans but legged it the moment they saw a cock!

:p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Agree with rubadub, Vico is great for a swim in the complete buff - nothing is better BTW:) - and you rarely ever see scummers down there.

I used to swin at the Forty Foot but after loads of people had stuff swiped from there I stopped going. It's a shame to see the scangers infesting the seafront at Sandycove.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Vico is great for a swim in the complete buff - nothing is better BTW:)
    Just so people know there is a mixture of clothed and nudists, and like forty foot they mainly stay around to one side. i.e. there is nobody going to be looking at you like the odd one out for not being nude, it is not like you are walking in on a nudist club or anything! On sunny days it is mostly clothed people, earlier on in the mornings you get more groups of nudist people, almost entirely auld fellas & auld ones, very friendly too. It is best to go swimming early in forty foot or white rock to avoid the scum.

ireland-1098128375-2004-IE-035.jpg

Advertisement