Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Original Xbox hdd recommendations.

Options
  • 24-05-2010 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Intending on a hard drive on the xbox. Can anyone recommend a hdd that i can get these days and where to get it? I read that it has to be IDE? Would like to have a 500GB minimum or else one with as large a capacity as possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hangover

Zerroth wrote: »
    Intending on a hard drive on the xbox. Can anyone recommend a hdd that i can get these days and where to get it? I read that it has to be IDE? Would like to have a 500GB minimum or else one with as large a capacity as possible.

It doesnt have to be ide, a sata hdd up to about 1.5TB can be used if you chip or tsop flash the bios. I have used Maxtor/ Seagate / WD / Samsung hdd's and havent had one not work yet. 1TB hdd's are pretty cheap now and will hold a lot of media.

Advertisement