Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Candy

Options
  • 24-05-2010 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭

Hello Guys i figure this is the BEST place to ask about the candy i used to love seeing most of you here ARE NOT FROM THE USA! (Thankfully)

The candy companies have changed thier Candy products to disgusting recipes and i no longer like them,i will list them out

1) Hershey Bars (and all hershey candy)

Changed in 2004 from using SOYA LECITHIN to SOY LECITHIN and now the candy tastes like crap (ITS TOO SWEET) -- Seeing thats the only change they made AND THE FACT THERE IS A SLIGHT DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SOY AND SOYA,i can only assume this is why!

2) M&MS (And all Mars Candy)

In 2000 All mars candy was changed to using SKIM MILK/MILKFAT and now taste like crap. (Due to the skim milk usage)

My question is: IS ALL THIS CANDY STILL MADE THE ORIGINAL WAYS IN YOUR COUNTRY confusedwd5.gif

Hershey bars with SOYA LECITHIN
    M&MS with regular Milk (No Milkfat)

Im thinking they only changed in the USA (As the govt here thinks they can control everything)

If you guys can check the ingredients on Hershey Bars,Milky Ways,M&Ms and see and let me know please,it would be very helpful :)

Thank you and god bless you all!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Yep m&ms here use milk fat and skimmed milk powder. Not sure about hershey's. In the states milky way's are the equivalent of our Mar's bars right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Im not quite sure (They may be (I havent ever had a mars bar))

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Yep according to wikipedia mars are a less sweet version. As regards Hershey products,most of them sold over here are from Mexico/Brazil so I would imagine the ingredients are the same as the USA if not worse.

Thats unfortunate :(

They used to be so good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bp1989

Actually, Hershey didn't just change from Soya to soy. The vast majority of their products now use mockolate rather than real chocolate. This is because by law, a product can only be referenced as containing "milk chocolate" if it contains cocoa solids.

So things like Reese's (Hershey's only worthwhile product, in my view), their plain choc bars, Milk Duds, etc etc no longer contain real chocolate. And boy can you taste it!

• Advertisement

But did they do this in 2004?? (Thats when they changed the wrapper and went to SOY LECITHIN) I noticed the change INSTANTLY!! (Then i checked the ingredients and saw :()

I have come to learn whenever a company changes thier wrapper,etc.. 99% OF THE TIME,they have altered the recipe in some way :(

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bp1989

Dude111 wrote: »
    But did they do this in 2004?? (Thats when they changed the wrapper and went to SOY LECITHIN) I noticed the change INSTANTLY!! (Then i checked the ingredients and saw :()

I have come to learn whenever a company changes thier wrapper,etc.. 99% OF THE TIME,they have altered the recipe in some way :(

The change to mockolate has been gradual across their product range. I think it started in 2005/2006.

I dont know why these people cant LEAVE SUCCESS ALONE!!!!!!

I used to love M&Ms,Milky Ways,3 Muskeeters,Hershey Bars and they all have changed and the recipes dont taste ANYWHERE NEAR AS GOOD AS THEY DID FOR 20+ YEARS!!

Advertisement