Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold weather on the way

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Must be good if Anthony Hopkins is in it. Hated Silence of the lambs, both in book and in film form, but he is a great actor. Love his voice esp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

have you ever seen a film called The World's Fastest Indian? If so you'll know the solution to the lawn problem
    :pac:

Apparently one or two more days of this "drought" we're having and i wont have to go to the trouble of burning my lawn anyway. :pac:
    And with the price of petrol here, you'd be mad to do that! :D

Honestly, you havent seen burnt, dry, parched, scorched, 40 shades of brown grass until you've lived in 50C heat and an average of 5 days of rain per year.
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Min wrote: »
    It is not just a few weeks of dry weather, it has been a dry winter and spring, the only major precipitation events since the November rains around here has been the two blizzard events - January and March, highly unusual.

Rain won't be much good to me in July and August if there was to be no rain in the next few days, crops that have been sown needs water and grass growth has been very poor.

Met Eireann have been a disgrace in my opinion, on the farming forecast they talked about growth being restricted due to the soil moisture deficits, then this morning on the 7:55am used 'I'm afraid' when announcing rain is due for Saturday, I would be afraid if there was no rain in sight.
    I have very dry land and it can take lots of rain, it needs it very badly now.

I don't get flooded, snowed in - yes, iced in - yes, full blunt of storms - yes, heat - yes, floods - no.......I just see the rain running off to join a stream to join a river to join the Nore to maybe flood parts of the Thomastown area........

if you,ve very dry land , then your a happy camper nine out of every ten years , you can always buy in feed for your animals and feed it outside , those with heavy land ( in a wet year ) have to buy it in and feed it inside , thier hit on the double
    you simply cant have enough dry land in this country , its a real gift

Cherrycola wrote: »

Honestly, you havent seen burnt, dry, parched, scorched, 40 shades of brown grass until you've lived in 50C heat and an average of 5 days of rain per year.
    :p

This is Ireland, not the Sahara! :pac:. It has been extremely dry this year and this is bound to have an effect on farming.

Some weak looking showers dotted around here at the mo but nothing has fallen here as of yet.

I've almost forgotten what rain looks like :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

8c in Malin Head at midday 27th May.

Thats not very Summery is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

This is Ireland, not the Sahara! :pac:. It has been extremely dry this year and this is bound to have an effect on farming.

Some weak looking showers dotted around here at the mo but nothing has fallen here as of yet.

I've almost forgotten what rain looks like :(

It rained a couple of times now here. Nothing major but everything smells funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Beautiful day here, rain is currently falling, I'm sure the plant life is just as excited :D

Keep it coming, I will happily sing raindrops keep falling on my head or singing in the rain......

• Registered Users Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

there was a bit of rain last night. currently it doesn't look as if there will be any showers here today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

we had a 5 minute rain shower about an hour ago and it's all the rain i want to see till the autumn. I Know its been dryish for past few months but we had rain almost every day for 3 years before it and 3 washout summers so im not in any hurry to see more rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

only very light rain here . . .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just had a shower, very vertical.

Min wrote: »
    Beautiful day here, rain is currently falling
    Keep it coming,

I will happily sing raindrops keep falling on my head or singing in the rain......

That's right Min, rub it in why don'tcha :mad::P

Advertisement