Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help! very dry hair

• 24-05-2010 7:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi guys,
    I have been getting highlights in my hair for that past 18 months or so (My hair is naturally light brown). Anyway I have noticed over the past few months that my hair has become very dry/strawy. I have cut back on the ghd o (maybe only used it about three times in the past six weeks) and have been using a kerastase treatment, etc. but haven't noticed any improvement. Also my roots are showing so I'm due to have the highlights done again this week. I was just wondering would it help if I went a few shades darker rather than having it as blonde as I do now? Would it be easier on my hair? Any advice appreciated!!!:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭horse7

after you wash your hair and dried it,put a little olive oil in the micro in a dish,heat it up a little,then rub it into your hair,and leave for as long as possible.even a day.then rinse it out,the dry hair will soak it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

cartwheels wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I have been getting highlights in my hair for that past 18 months or so (My hair is naturally light brown). Anyway I have noticed over the past few months that my hair has become very dry/strawy. I have cut back on the ghd o (maybe only used it about three times in the past six weeks) and have been using a kerastase treatment, etc. but haven't noticed any improvement. Also my roots are showing so I'm due to have the highlights done again this week. I was just wondering would it help if I went a few shades darker rather than having it as blonde as I do now? Would it be easier on my hair? Any advice appreciated!!!:rolleyes:

http://www.lookfantastic.com/hair/aveda-haircare/haircare-ranges/aveda-colour-conserve/aveda-colour-conserve-shampoo-1000ml.html

try the above, i too have highlighted hair, and have been highlighting for around 10 years.... i bouth the above with conditioner... its 1000ml so will last months and my hair has never been better!!! I used to use Kerastase for ages and although i liked it, i wanted a change my hair colourist recomended the above and i have to say its brillant... really soft silky hari and its great for highlights too

if you like your hair colour dont change the colour chnage your shampoo and conditioner and you will notice a hugh difference
    Best of luck :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

which kerastase treatment are you using? The vita ciment is great for repairing hair but not all of them are meant for long term use. Try the redken hydration shampoo and conditioner, there is a treatment too, use the treatment instead of conditioner every five washes. Hope this helps! The curse of highlights!

Advertisement