Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday Cake - Dunnes Briarhill

Options
  • 24-05-2010 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

anyone ever got the "face" cake from Dunnes in Briarhill? I am looking for a cake for a 30th Saturday night that they will scan a picture onto the icing. The one in Dunnes is €20, O'Heirs (sp?) are €60ish. Its just a plain sponge/fresh cream. Its just for the party so it wont be eaten really so dont want to spend a lot but I dont want it to be crap either!

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Nuggles

Get the one for cheap. Tis grand.

TillyGirl wrote: »
    . Its just for the party so it wont be eaten really so dont want to spend a lot but I dont want it to be crap either!

The cake should be eaten.

I show up to a party with a gift and buy some one a drink, the least I expect is some cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Nuggles wrote: »
    I show up to a party with a gift and buy some one a drink, the least I expect is some cake.

I am getting a cake I just dont want to spend a lot on it but also dont want it to be horrible either.

This is for a suprise party so I wont be getting any presents so want to keep the cost down as much as I can.

Anyone get a cake from Dunnes? I'd say it will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is a cake forum but I didn't see a thread about Dunnes there.
    20 Euro sounds like a good price without having seen the cake.
    It's cake, how horrible can it be? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

This is for a suprise party

But my birthday's not until November.... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

biko wrote: »
    There is a cake forum but I didn't see a thread about Dunnes there.
    20 Euro sounds like a good price without having seen the cake.
    It's cake, how horrible can it be? :D

thanks for that, ya I will go with that I think...sure everyone will be drinking they wont care about the cake!
    Xiney wrote: »
    But my birthday's not until November.... :confused:

Couldnt get a better suprise then could I?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 cazkeady

Hi All,

anyone ever got the "face" cake from Dunnes in Briarhill? I am looking for a cake for a 30th Saturday night that they will scan a picture onto the icing. The one in Dunnes is €20, O'Heirs (sp?) are €60ish. Its just a plain sponge/fresh cream. Its just for the party so it wont be eaten really so dont want to spend a lot but I dont want it to be crap either!

Any thoughts?

Just wondering does anyone know if Dunnes still do these???? I'm looking for 1 for a surprise party.... Or anyone know of anywhere else that do them reasonable enough???

Advertisement