Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why No IKC Papers Supplied?

Options
  • 24-05-2010 9:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I've come across a lot of breeders saying their pups are IKC registered but will not be issuing papers.

Is this dodgy or nothing to worry about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Sounds dodgy to me, if the dog is IKC reg you will need to change it into your name to become the legal owner of the dog, if they previous owners aren't giving you the dogs paperwork there is no way you can do this. Steer clear would be my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Quite a lot of breeders (usually dodgy) will not register their pups for various reasons - either parents may not be registered, parents too old, bitch having more than one litter in a year, father covering too many bitches or simply couldn't be bothered. I would be very wary of a breeder that does not register because for every legit person not registering there is probably a hundred dodgy ones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Quite a lot of breeders (usually dodgy) will not register their pups for various reasons.

I think the OP meant that the breeders are saying that the pups are registered (although probably a lie) but they are just not passing the papers onto the people who purchase the pups, in which case the pups, if they are indeed registered, will still belong to the registered owner ie. the breeder unless the breeder issues you with the papers for the new owner to register the pup in their name.
    Either way it screams of a scam and should be avoided.

Advertisement