Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Efke IR rating?

• 24-05-2010 9:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭

I have scoured the web and gotten about 5 million different answers for this - does anyone by any chance know what to rate Efke Aura at? I have it at 100 when metering through the lens with the 720 filter on. I don't want to waste it..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

sineadw wrote: »
    I have scoured the web and gotten about 5 million different answers for this - does anyone by any chance know what to rate Efke Aura at? I have it at 100 when metering through the lens with the 720 filter on. I don't want to waste it..

I don't think there actually really IS any one answer for it, that's the problem. There's no definitive correlation for a start between the amount of visible light and the amount of IR. I'd pick a start point, bracket a couple of stops in either direction, take notes, and when you develop that roll pick a value you're happy with yourself. And then make sure to tell me, cos I -still- have 5 rolls of this in the freezer I have to throw into my F4 at some point :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Feck. Was afraid of that.

Developing - now there's another thread...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

I have been using some rollei and was advised to meter at 12-25 when using a R72 filter.

Hmmm.. I might drop to 50 and see. I'm overexposing slightly anyway.

You've got the datasheet, right ?

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/pdf/MACO_IR820c_AURA.pdf

Just sacrifice one roll and bracket. It's the only way to be sure (short of taking off and nuking the site from orbit of course).

• Advertisement

I just got the lowdown from thefizz. Meter at 50 without the filter and add 5 stops, and bracket from there. Eep! Looking forward to the workshop I'm attending now as it's patently obvious I haven't a clue what I'm doing! :D

Oh and nice one on the data sheet - didn't have that.

I just got the lowdown from thefizz. Meter at 50 without the filter and add 5 stops, and bracket from there. Eep! Looking forward to the workshop I'm attending now as it's patently obvious I haven't a clue what I'm doing! :D

oh very nice. I'd love to do his rather paradoxically entitled colour printing workshop. Plus the lith one. But, oh, time time time :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Oh, oh how I wish I lived at your end of the country!

why don't you come Mark? Sure it's not that far..

• Advertisement
Advertisement