Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Water Again!!

Options
  • 24-05-2010 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hey
    is anyone else without water i only moved into my new house 3 weeks ago so thought it was something to do with that but the entire area is out water went last nite and still hasnt come back just wondering is anyone in fingal experiencing the same problem??
    Between roads and water the council are really in my bad books!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Yeah it's gone in a lot of Malahide too. We were okay this morning, there wasn't as much power but my boyfriend's parents have no water at all. Typical we get 2 days of sun and the water goes :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Little D

thanks but im in a different area, are water still hasnt returned, we are very near the man o war the entire man o war is without water

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Little D wrote: »
    thanks but im in a different area, are water still hasnt returned, we are very near the man o war the entire man o war is without water
    Have you telephoned the Council to ask what the problem is, and expected time it will be back on?

Man 'O War seems to suffer more than most when they lower the pressure because of its elevation.

yep rang and was told it would be back by lunch time it hasnt come back rang again and told it would be back by dinner time, last time the water went in the man o war it was off for 8 days and fingal co co told the residents every time they phoned it would be back by 2pm that same day it didnt come back any of times they promised it would, they should really have a better set up for the man o war the people that live there have to pay the same taxes as people living in other areas that arent elevated :( its a nightmare when you have a baby :(

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Did they explain what the problem is?

It does not bode well if supplies are running low after a couple of days of warm weather (although, admitedly there has been very little rain for a few weeks now). If we have a good summer we will probably all be suffering water shortages sooner rather than later.

thats true, what a super country we have if its to cold the pipes freeze and we have no water and then if its to warm the water is also cut off!! and to think they are going to bring in water charges hahahahaha!!
    they have told me a pipe burst in jordanstown and it has now been fixed but the resiviour hasnt filled back up yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 celticwoman

Water pressure has been very poor in Terenure for the last few weeks but it is terrible since Monday. Anyone else from Terenure notice this.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Not in this forum. Try Dublin City.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Water, gone again.
    I understand its a main burst but ts been gone ages now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Apparently it should be back in an hour. Or so they say.

told me that at 7 too..feckers...:)

I think its back now, just heard some gurgling..

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Ginny wrote: »
    told me that at 7 too..feckers...:)

I think its back now, just heard some gurgling..

Water only back here now... I hear the gurgling. :mad:

Ugh.
    I still wouldn't drink it though, it looks like alka seltzer coiming out of the taps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Ginny wrote: »
    Ugh.
    I still wouldn't drink it though, it looks like alka seltzer coiming out of the taps.

Thats just the limescale, wont cause you any bother ;)

Advertisement