Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WX Events?

Options
  • 24-05-2010 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭

I know there is a "Wexford Event Guide" sticky but it doesn't seem to be used very much.

I was wondering if anyone is aware of any events planned in County Wexford over the summer months Vintage Car Rallies, Country Fairs, Field Days etc?

I have the following already noted -

* Duncannon Fort Military Re-enactment (June 5th/6th)
    * Ennniscorthy Strawberry Fair (25th-27th June 2010)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

* Cushionstown Field Day (Sunday May 30 1pm-5.30pm)
    * Adamstown County Show - (Saturday July 7)
    * New Ross JFK Dunbrody Festival (Thursday 15th - Sunday 18th July 2010)
    * Bannon & Rathangan Agricultural Show
    1st or the 8th July 2010 (no mention on their website for 2010 yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Nice one. Thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

currently organising enniscorthy 1st annual trad irish barbeque for august more info as it unfolds see you there Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Geraldine O' Hanrahans' field day in their grounds at O' Kennedy Park, New Ross, on (i think) 13th June.

Ledger

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Ennniscorthy Strawberry Fair (25th-27th June 2010)

Dont you mean the County Wexford Strawberry Festival.:rolleyes::D

Honestly, why change it?

Ledger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

Senan O'Reilly maintains a site of events
    http://www.wexlive.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

Ledger wrote: »
    Geraldine O' Hanrahans' field day in their grounds at O' Kennedy Park, New Ross, on (i think) 13th June.
    Ledger
    Sunday 11th July 2010 - Geraldine O' Hanrahans' field day, New Ross
    Sunday 11th July 2010 - Carrigbyrne Field Day
    jd wrote:
    Senan O'Reilly maintains a site of events
    http://www.wexlive.com/
    Loads of stuff there but loads of 2009 dates. Would be handy if it was updated for 2010 and maybe sorted by dates as oppose to categories.

Thanks for all the replies folks.

Anyone know of any Vintage Car Rallies scheduled to take place in or around the County?

Dont you mean the County Wexford Strawberry Festival

Being from Enniscorthy I've only ever know it as the 'Strawberry Fair'. Never actually knew the official title.

It's gone so bad in recent years it makes more sense to spread the blame to the entire County as opposed to just the town of Enniscorthy :D

Never has been the same since they shifted it off the Prom.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

This years Gorey Market House Festival takes place on the Bank Holiday August Weekend (July 30th to August 1st). The festival will include live acts on the Main Street, a kids fun day, a local arts and crafts exhibition, historical events and much more

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=104585986256140&ref=ts

3 top acts to play live on stage on saturday evening. Cathal Byrne as elvis, Irelands no. 1 elvis , Lynda cullen and band and still to be announced the headliner for the saturday night,but I can tell you now, they are big, booked by your truly. keep your eyes peeled on this page. On the sunday is music and farmers market too, vintage rally, a skate session in the local town park and more still to be announced

:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Sunday 11th July 2010 - Geraldine O' Hanrahans' field day, New Ross

my bad dunno where i got the date out of ha

Ledger

jpb1974 wrote: »

Being from Enniscorthy I've only ever know it as the 'Strawberry Fair'. Never actually knew the official title.

It's gone so bad in recent years it makes more sense to spread the blame to the entire County as opposed to just the town of Enniscorthy :D

Never has been the same since they shifted it off the Prom.

Well I always knew it as the enniscorthy strawberry fair. I dont know why the would change the title.

Ledger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

currently organising enniscorthy 1st annual trad irish barbeque for august more info as it unfolds see you there Brian

hi all unfortunately i have had to ditch this idea due to ill health over the past few weeks

hope to have all plans on board for NEXT year

Advertisement