Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

discount on Nissan 350z?

• 24-05-2010 10:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭

I am tempted to buy a Nissan 350z, I really shouldn't...but that's a different story.

Anyway, I saw a 06 one, with 36k miles, lovely looking, being sold by a SIMI registered dealer.

Asking is 17k cash, or 19k with a trade in.

I'd be buying with cash I'd say.

I think this seems like a great price, but at the same time, I'd say the dealer is having a hard time shifting such a car , with the high car tax , running costs that go with it.

I'm only toying with the idea of buying it, but if I got a price I couldn't refuse, well then, I wouldn't!

Anyone think the dealer would go much lower, say to about the 14k mark?

Comments

cojomo2 wrote: »

Anyone think the dealer would go much lower, say to about the 14k mark?

Not a hope I would think, you'd have to start the chat at €11K ish to get it for 14K, he'd quite likely tell u to f off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I'd be buying with cash I'd say.

Sort out that first, nothing worse than going into a Salesman and saying you might be buying straight, wouldn't encourage me to give you much of a straight deal price.

I wouldn't think you'd buy it much cheaper than 17K, seems to be reasonabley cheap at that irrelevant to it's running costs etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Bonito wrote: »

Seeing as that is in a dealer, comes with an NCT, possibly a warranty, fully valeted etc., that seems to be the star buy!

Edit:

Add €442 for 3 months pothole tax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Wow, I'm liking that 2007 soft top. Does it seem a bit strange that the dealer is selling this with the damaged bodywork on the passenger side? I mean, surely he has contacts that can repair this fairly cheap, and he could then sell the car for a lot more no?

Don't have a clue how much it would be to sort out that bodywork myself, but I'm guessing I'd need in the region of 2k?

Thanks for the links.

this is the one I was looking at:
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Nissan/350Z/COUPE-HA/201017197773277/advert?channel=CARS

• Advertisement

Wow, I'm liking that 2007 soft top. Does it seem a bit strange that the dealer is selling this with the damaged bodywork on the passenger side? I mean, surely he has contacts that can repair this fairly cheap, and he could then sell the car for a lot more no?

Don't have a clue how much it would be to sort out that bodywork myself, but I'm guessing I'd need in the region of 2k?

Thanks for the links.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Nissan/350Z/COUPE-HA/201017197773277/advert?channel=CARS
    That's coming with a full years warranty. TBH, with that kinda mileage and that sorta cover I'd be taking the dealers arm and all if I could get him close to 16k!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Thanks for the links.

The damaged 07 would cost a huge amount to fix (retail at least). Its the complete side of the car thats damaged, could also be damage to the cill/floor at that side. When the trade are selling the car without repairing, you have to wonder if there is more damage than would appear in the pics. I wouldnt be convinced that the rear wheel hasnt been hit too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

I had a look at that 07 Cabrio, before it was crashed. Didn't go ahead with it purely because of bootspace (which is non existant)

It was a really clean car, and the seller was a really decent bloke.I must say I found him a gent to deal with.

Go down, have a look at it and get it up on a ramp to assess what it'll cost to fix.

daRobot wrote: »
    I had a look at that 07 Cabrio, before it was crashed. Didn't go ahead with it purely because of bootspace (which is non existant)

It was a really clean car, and the seller was a really decent bloke.I must say I found him a gent to deal with.

Go down, have a look at it and get it up on a ramp to assess what it'll cost to fix.

Thanks. What was he looking for it before it was crashed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

This is about a year ago now, but it was 24k I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

offer €16k for that one in walkinstown, if you get it for that its a hell of a bargain!

no point in looking at a damaged cabrio when you can have that one, drive it away, no hassle and no worries for a whole year!

draffodx wrote: »
    offer €16k for that one in walkinstown, if you get it for that its a hell of a bargain!

no point in looking at a damaged cabrio when you can have that one, drive it away, no hassle and no worries for a whole year!

For those that know more than I do, if I were to get that car at 16k, what could I realistically expect to sell it for in a years time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

For those that know more than I do, if I were to get that car at 16k, what could I realistically expect to sell it for in a years time?

How long is a piece of string, its impossible to say. I would say i should still be worth around € 14,000 next year.

One thing i can tell you is that the dealer cover warranty is worth its weight in gold. Its probably the best used car warranty in the country. The only thing they don't cover is AV stuff EG your radio. Pretty much everthing else is covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭STForSale

If your worried about resale buy a Micra.
    I'd say if you want to change it next year, put it up for sale the day you buy it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

Wow 17k cash is an insanely good price. As has been mentioned, see if there's any movement on the price if you were to arrive with cash tomorrow.

This thread has kinda made up my mind about selling my own '02 one.

No way could I compete, or settle, for the price that I'd be forced to sell at going by that 17k one.

Ah well, can think of worse cars to be stuck with.

Resale could be anything in a years time but I can't imagine it'll get much cheaper than it is now.
    That car was easily 24k+ before the recession.

STForSale wrote: »
    If your worried about resale buy a Micra.
    I'd say if you want to change it next year, put it up for sale the day you buy it ;)

As above you dont buy a 350z expecting it to keep its re-sale value high.

3.5 litre Tax, 2 seats, expensive enough to insure, sub 30 mpg.

It wont be easy to sell on, the above reasons are why you can get a 06 one for €16k now.

It will be worth €12 - €13k in a years time I'd imagine, it all depends on how much mileage you do, how you service it, how much petrol is in a year etc...
    Vertakill wrote: »
    Wow 17k cash is an insanely good price. As has been mentioned, see if there's any movement on the price if you were to arrive with cash tomorrow.

This thread has kinda made up my mind about selling my own '02 one.

No way could I compete, or settle, for the price that I'd be forced to sell at going by that 17k one.

Ah well, can think of worse cars to be stuck with.

I was gonna see if you'd be interested in selling yours before I decided to go for the ST!! They look stunning in black.

3.5 litre Tax, 2 seats, expensive enough to insure, sub 30 mpg.

It wont be easy to sell on, the above reasons are why you can get a 06 one for €16k now.

I don't think that's such a huge turn off as some people make out.

There's not many 'performance' cars in the same bracket as the Z that aren't uneconomical, high tax and expensive to insure.

There are obviously sacrifices that have to be made when you're taking the plunge into sort of car, but it's the same for nearly all the other cars in that bracket.

Thing is, as things stand, there's not a lot of people that'd warrant paying above average on their car so the possible buyers market is a lot smaller.

I was gonna see if you'd be interested in selling yours before I decided to go for the ST!! They look stunning in black.

I'd probably have been hoping for just under 12k for it though and these 17k newer ones with FNissanSH's, warranties etc would crucify that.. :)

At least you'll have some spare change at the end of each month with the money you'll save.
    Mines sitting in the yard untaxed and uninsured at the moment. :(

I don't think that's such a huge turn off as some people make out.

There's not many 'performance' cars in the same bracket as the Z that aren't uneconomical, high tax and expensive to insure.

There are obviously sacrifices that have to be made when you're taking the plunge into sort of car, but it's the same for nearly all the other cars in that bracket.

Thing is, as things stand, there's not a lot of people that'd warrant paying above average on their car so the possible buyers market is a lot smaller.

Thats what I meant, the buyers market for them is small.
    I'd probably have been hoping for just under 12k for it though and these 17k newer ones with FNissanSH's, warranties etc would crucify that.. :)

At least you'll have some spare change at the end of each month with the money you'll save.
    Mines sitting in the yard untaxed and uninsured at the moment. :(

But there all silver! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭STForSale

I could put up with all the impracticalities bar the €1566 road tax, that would pain me.
    A honda S2000 with a hard top?

• Advertisement

Hehe true. There's a real lack of black ones around!

But yea, the market is very small at the moment.
    I hope people start entertaining the idea again... but they could be scared of getting stung like a lot of us were when buying one before the recession kicked us in the balls.
    STForSale wrote: »
    I could put up with all the impracticalities bar the €1566 road tax, that would pain me.

You're not the only one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Get an RX-8

steve06 wrote: »
    Get an RX-8

Let's not start a Z v RX8 debate again here. There's already plenty.

The OP wasn't debating about what car is better - he was querying the price of a Z.

PS. Girls car! :P

Shhh, I love the Z vs RX-8 debates! :D

Shhh, I love the Z vs RX-8 debates! :D

Haha I pondered over the Rx8 and the 350z for a couple of months and ended up buying an ST :D

If you can live with the tax and only 2 seats the 350z is the one to go for.

If not an your prepared to learn and look after a rotary engine properly then the Rx8 is a very very good alternative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Liam_Flag

Haha I pondered over the Rx8 and the 350z for a couple of months and ended up buying an ST :D

If you can live with the tax and only 2 seats the 350z is the one to go for.

If not an your prepared to learn and look after a rotary engine properly then the Rx8 is a very very good alternative.

and if you can live with the tax but not the 2 seats - try the Skyline 350GT :D

Liam_Flag wrote: »
    and if you can live with the tax but not the 2 seats - try the Skyline 350GT :D
    God no, they're awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Liam_Flag

God no, they're awful.

over a rx8?
    hmmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 xmasmac

I've had mine up for sale for almost four months now, dropping the price constantly and no takers :(
    03 Jap 350z looking for €13k ish now

• Advertisement

xmasmac wrote: »
    I've had mine up for sale for almost four months now, dropping the price constantly and no takers :(
    03 Jap 350z looking for €13k ish now
    You could get a 05 for that money so no surprise why it's not shifting.

You could get a 05 for that money so no surprise why it's not shifting.

Not with Tax, NCT, new tyres, leather and a kit.....
    If someone makes me an offer I'll do my best for them.

Sorry but, yes you can. From a dealer too. Meaning it would have a warranty.

Standard!..... Mine has warranty and tax too, and is down to 13K ono.
    Plus 4 new tyres aren't cheap ;)

Is this it?

I'd prefer the 05. :D

No, its not

• Advertisement
Advertisement