Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

switching from Eircom to Vodafone - LIMERICK

• 24-05-2010 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I know there are a lot of threads on this, but most are very old.
    I'm based in Limerick and I'm currently on Eircom 3MB bundle (free call off peak), and it's good service. always about 2,5MB download (speedtest.net) and ping test gives A/B results. Never experienced evening drop in speed.
    Thinking to switch to Vodafone: same bundle and higher download allowance (40GB instead of 30GB of eircom). Even same contention rate (24:1 seems to be here)
    They (Vodafone) say I'll use same line and even same wireless modem. The advantage is cost: 40 Euro instead of 52.
    Both Eircom and Vodafone have plans to migrate to New generation broadband during this year.

I've read a number of complaints about Vodafone service, but I've read also complaints on eircom.

I'd like to have feedback from people that have experienced Vodafone service here in Limerick, Castletroy area.

Thanks for any help.
    -- pizzican

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Funnily enough I just switched the opposite way...

I moved house in the last few weeks, and VF were quoting up to a month to setup my existing DSL/phone service in the new house, despite there being an active line already present.

Despite me being a former BT Option 3 customer (7MB "unlimited" with anytime calls - their top package) that was then migrated to VF as part of the takeover before Christmas, VF refused to give me the same contention rate (12:1), instead leaving me with 48:1 and blaming it on their "supplier".

There were numerous speed/performance issues with VF in the early months of my migration. Many people are still having problems - check out the dedicated forum they have on Boards here

In the end I went to eircom reasoning that at least I'll get installed in a reasonable time (DSL was active within 4 days of me making the call - phone service was turned on straight away), the free wifi hotspot access is nice and at least if I do have a problem, I can shout at them rather than one of the resellers (like VF) constantly passing the buck back and forth to their "supplier".

I'm sure there are many happy VF customers out there, and the product itself (when it worked to spec!) was good, but the customer service side in my experience is badly lacking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 pizzican

Thanks Kaiser.
    Just one info: is your house in Limerick/Castletroy area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

pizzican wrote: »
    Thanks Kaiser.
    Just one info: is your house in Limerick/Castletroy area?

No bit further north than that (Cavan) but the problems that are being reported are country-wide.

Advertisement