Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receiving Text Messages From Europe

Options
  • 24-05-2010 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know why texts sent from a Norewgian phone are not being received by a Three network phone in Ireland? Messages sent from Ireland are received in Norway, and phonecalls from Norway are received fine. Why would text messages not come through?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

there may be a lack of agreement between networks. Contact 3 on your end and have your friend in norway contact their network too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Thanks. It seems a bit odd though that texts go in one direction only, while phone calls work fine both ways. I was going to contact 3, but then I thought that I don't want these guys going through my texts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Thanks. It seems a bit odd though that texts go in one direction only, while phone calls work fine both ways. I was going to contact 3, but then I thought that I don't want these guys going through my texts!

One of the main reasons why texts might only go one way is due to, as Random mentioned, a lack of agreement between either network. The fact that texts work at all is more to do with the fact that networks tend to use the same technology, especially in Europe, so an agreement would more than likely constitute a comparison of network configurations in order to get things working successfully both ways; it would most likely be a similar situation with voice calls too.

In addition, customer care and technical support would have no access to the contents of text messages, so you needn't worry about that.

Advertisement