Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help with centre speaker

• 24-05-2010 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a onkyo 607,a set of Kenwood KS-5200HT speakers and a jamo sub. Things were running quite well but last week I bought 2 new front speakers, a pair of Paradigm Monitor 7, so I bi-wired them, set it to full-range and switched on the Onkyo’s full bass option.

Now when listening to music the quality has improved dramatically, but watching movies has become a problem. It’s quite difficult to hear the dialogs specially when some action is happening on the background. I have tried to change some settings, lowering the front’s volume, but yet I can’t manage to have a good balance.

I know I have to go for a new centre speaker, but taking in consideration how powerful the fronts are I wonder what kind of centre I’ll need. I was thinking about monitor audio BRLCR, but its 2 drivers will have to match the 6 from the fronts, and I wonder if it will do the job.

Anyway advices will be very welcome.

Cheers,

Tony

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

One thing you might want to try is recalibrating the speakers using the mic that came with the receiver. That might even it out a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Harrocks

If you have a sub hooked up id change the fronts from full band down to 80hz
    cross over.and let the sub do the bass work and up the dbs of the centre.And as mentioned before use the microphone set up using audessy.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Harrocks

A q accoustics centre speaker.what hifi award winning 2009.The 607 is a great amp have one myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Mathiasb

I'd try to get a centre speaker that matches the front speakers, for seamless (audio) integration (like pannings).

Advertisement