Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm on HTC Desire

Options
  • 24-05-2010 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Whenever I set the alarm on my Desire (only got it a few days ago) and switch it off for the night it fails to go off the next morning!! Am I doing something wrong here, it’s hard to believe that you’d have to leave the phone switched on in order for the alarm function to work?? Anyone have the same issue or can you advise what I might be doing wrong? Thanks.

ps..sorry I just realised that this post is in the wrong section (should be under android) but I can’t find any option to move it!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I found this issue on my HD2, I think you will need to leave the phone on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Yep the phone needs to be left on for the alarm to work. In fairness though the phone only uses up 3-5% battery for me during the night

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I use Timeriffic to automatically switch off all the data connectivity at night (i.e. go into airplane mode) which minimizes the battery use.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭KingMambo26

Yep the phone needs to be left on for the alarm to work. In fairness though the phone only uses up 3-5% battery for me during the night

Yeah but that means if some of your drunken friends/OH's, friends in Oz, etc. decide to ring you in the middle of the night you're fekked. Yes you can put it on silent and disconnect connectivity but then you have to do three things instead of one.

Whatever happened to the good old "alarm works when phone's off" functionality?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

Hi. Just press & hold the power button until the options menu pops up. Choose airplane mode. Result = no nonsense calls + little battery usage + a working alarm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭KingMambo26

Obskure wrote: »
    Hi. Just press & hold the power button until the options menu pops up. Choose airplane mode. Result = no nonsense calls + little battery usage + a working alarm.

Worth giving it a try. If I'm late for work tomorrow I'll blame it on boards :D

Advertisement