Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livery Maynooth

Options
  • 24-05-2010 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Anyone any experiences of livery yards in Maynooth? Moving there for a while and horse coming with me. Any opinions of the following:
    leinster lodge
    maynooth equestrian
    clonfert equestrian

thanks xxx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

lyoness wrote: »
    Anyone any experiences of livery yards in Maynooth? Moving there for a while and horse coming with me. Any opinions of the following:
    leinster lodge
    maynooth equestrian
    clonfert equestrian

thanks xxx

I am living in Maynooth myself, and Ive kept my horse at Rosecottage livery stables for around a year now. It's a quiet yard just outside donadea - 10/15mins from maynooth. At the moment there is only 2 liveries - myself and another girl, and 1 schooling livery who is in for breaking, so there is loads of space.
    The yard is behind the owner's house, so there is always someone there. The barn is a brand new 24 box american style and is in great condition. They have a 5 horse walker, and two fields outside from the yard as well as a small field for the schoolies at the back. They offer lessons, schooling for your horse, and there are also loads of great hacking routes.
    I am on full livery, but they also offer DIY livery, with great rates! My arabian mare is on €80 a week.
    I have phone numbers if you want them, just send me a PM, and any questions PM me.
    They have a worming regieme that all horses get wormed at the same time, it's quite handy, means you don't have to worry, the farrier is out every few weeks, the vet is always on call, the chiropracter is up when he's needed, we're only waiting for the dentist to come up at the moment (he's taking his time :rolleyes:). So they're very effiecent, and due to only a few horses in and only the few liveries, every horse get's a lot of attention, and will be exercised if asked.

So yea send me a message is you want any more details!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I did some work for Clonfert ES and found the place really nice, old style stabling and well looked after.

More pictures here http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithjack/sets/72157622882808868/
    4136498059_8275b542b8_b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sugmac

<snip>

Mod edit: please don't drag up old threads or post info based on hear say. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 loukealy

I keep my horse Carton Equestrian Center... Iv been going there for over 10years. They are good priced when it comes to livery i was shocked at some of the prices of other yards that iv seen on this. Carton have an all weather outdoor arena, a new indoor arena, 3-5 paddocks, a large field with gallops and xcountry, stables for horses and ponies, 2 tack rooms and the staff are willing to cater to the needs of any rider and horse. There are qualified instructors avalible to give lessons to all including a professional showjumper that gives one on one lessons to rider and horse.
    I also have done BHS exams with them with excellent tutoring and practical lessons.
    There are regular showjumping competitions/clinics for all levels and the other liveries and customers are very nice and there is a great atmosphere about the place.
    if you would like any information just message me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

As people still don't seem to read mod warnings, I'm closing this thread. C

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement