Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router reset over the weekend - HACKED???

• 24-05-2010 12:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am with UTV, have a DSL 7mb connection with a Voyager router. Used the connection fine on Friday night, then Saturay afternoon tried to connect and couldn't. All of the router settings were reset:confused: I managed to setup eveything again soon after this and was working fine again. I'm just wondering if this happened to any other UTV users on Saturday? I think maybe the ISP pushed a firmware update to the router which caused this:confused: No so sure someone hacked me though;)

Thanks.
    ~livEwirE~

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

If somebody hacked you it's very unlikely that they would have reset your settings to factory default.
    Probably a firmware update like you said (I'm not a UTV customer by the way.)

Advertisement