Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef Burgers

Options
  • 24-05-2010 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone give me a good recipe for homemade beef burgers.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

I got a burger press from Home Store & More...

And I just put pure mince in it - no onions/eggs or even salt and pepper and they are lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 james ensor

Last weekend I prepared the following recipe for a family BBQ, for 7 x 226grs burgers (½ pound burgers) you will need;
    • 1.250kg Lean Mince Meat
    • 75grs Fresh Breadcrumbs
    • 150grs Whole Eggs
    • 75grs Ketchup
    • 125grs Finely Diced Sautéed Onions
    • 10grs Salt
    • 5grs Cracked Black Pepper

Method;
    1. Combine all the ingredients together, form into 226g balls and shape into burgers. If layering, use a sheet of parchment paper between each layer. Refrigerate for 60mins. Firms/stiffens the burger prior to cooking
    2. Make a little dimple on one side of each burger
    3. Lightly oil and place the dimpled side down in contact with the frying pan or BBQ grill. (Oil the grill in advance, this tip helps avoids stick-age)
    4. Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side.

N.B.
    Egg and breadcrumbs gives firmness & structure to the recipe when handling or flipping on the BBQ
    Sautéing the onions gives moisture & flavour along with the Ketchup
    I have kept the seasoning to a minimum

Advertisement