Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dartfield Off Road Weekend

• 24-05-2010 1:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭

Had a great weekend at this venue which has big potential, nice setting and easy enough to get to. There was a good mix of vehicles from all over including from the north. Billy and the others did a good job of setting up a wide range of off road tracks although I think they used a Jimny to set them out! The wooded areas were very tight and I dented my 110. I think the lads who trailered a wide selection of extreme machines had a ball, they disappered in to the woods and wern't seen again for hours :rolleyes:

For a first effort it was good, just need to open up some of the tracks for bigger vehicles and provide more open play areas where there's no danger of body damage. Some of the other minor events didn't happen, I think they were surprised at the number who turned for the whole weekend.

This type of venue is common in the UK where you pay and play for the day, more like it are needed here. Dartfield has the advantage of 350 acres which is already commercially used and insured, it's insurance costs which will probably more land owners off and make it expensive. The going rate in the UK is £25 - 30 for a days play, doubt if that would cover the cost here.

Some piccies anyway
    IMG_1490.jpg
    A selection of 4x4s that were trailered in

IMG_1498Large.jpg
    Waiting in the woods

IMG_1505Large.jpg
    Vitara about to get wet

IMG_1504Large.jpg
    VW Syncro showing it's got what it takes.

IMG_1508Large.jpg
    Another Syncro

IMG_1512Large.jpg
    It looked a lot steeper from the drivers seat!

IMG_1513Large.jpg
    Billy's V8 in the stream

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Just lifted this from Ailrc website, regarding Dartfield
    Tks to all who attended the opening of the Dartfield Off-road Course.

This opening was being used as a fundraiser for the Ballinasloe Cancer Support Group.
    Gate receipts and sponsorship totalled €1,560.
    Expenses totalled € 794.
    The net receipt of €766 will presented to the Ballinasloe Cancer Support Group on your behalf later this week. Many thanks for your support.

So.... the Dartfield Off-road Course is now open to the general public as a pay & play site, 7 days a week. Andy, Brian, Daniel, John & myself put the course together and our role in this venture is now complete.

The course will be run by Dartfield themselves on a commercial basis and they will be more than happy to welcome off-road clubs to organise events there.

Anna is the person in charge at Dartfield and she can be contacted by phone at 091 843968, by fax at 091 843969 or by e-mail at tct@eircom.net. www.dartfield.com

Thanks to all who supported and encouraged the setting up of this course.

Billy

Update, they will be charging €20 a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 david flynn

i went for a look at the place, was not bad, i'm only starting out at this so would be nice to have others there to help out and show you what to do. If there is anything being organised i'd love to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Hi David and welcome. What have you got and where are you, can maybe point you in the right direction?

If I hear of anything on the other forums I frequent I'll post it up. The guys who organised Dartfield are from the AILRC or IFWDC depending on vehicle (Land Rover or otherwise)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Rang Dartfield today. The person I spoke to hadn't a clue what I was talking about. She never heard of their pay & play 4x4 course. She said there is an Anna there but she won't be there until tomorrow and she'll ask her about it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

To be fair I should mention that I got this email this morning.....

Apologies for the lack of information that I provided you with earlier when I spoke to you on the phone. I am emailing you with the rules of our off-road 4 X 4 track.

Prices : 20euro for half day
    30euro for full day

In the event of getting stuck, recovery will cost 20euro. Do not go off the track!

Any person for 4 X 4 off road track MUST sign disclaimer form and read the rules.

You must be over the age of 18 to participate.

Kind Regards,

• Advertisement
Advertisement