Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Almera knocking noise

• 24-05-2010 1:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭

I have a 02 Almera, the 00-02 model. There was a squeaking from the front right of the car, posted it up here and was told there was a problem with the breaks. Indeed it was, fella I had bought the car from put on the wrong pads. So replace them and drove car around for couple days but squeak came back.

Why im telling that is, dont know if my new problem is related. When I release my foot off the accelerater there is a load banging, clonking noise coming from under the car. Over the passenger side - maybe center not sure. I thought it was maybe Cv joint at first but that wouldnt have anything to do with the accelerator.

Any ideas what could be causing the noise?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Ball joint or wish bone bush..
    Also check for rust... apparently these cars can get front subframe rust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Rochey18 wrote: »
    I have a 02 Almera, the 00-02 model. There was a squeaking from the front right of the car, posted it up here and was told there was a problem with the breaks. Indeed it was, fella I had bought the car from put on the wrong pads. So replace them and drove car around for couple days but squeak came back.

Why im telling that is, dont know if my new problem is related. When I release my foot off the accelerater there is a load banging, clonking noise coming from under the car. Over the passenger side - maybe center not sure. I thought it was maybe Cv joint at first but that wouldnt have anything to do with the accelerator.

Any ideas what could be causing the noise?

It may well be the the cv joint. Check the gaitors for splits or for any signs of grease around the area of the joint. Take the car to a carpark and lock steering fully to one side and drive slowly, then to the other. Listen for any knocking noise. If so then most likely a cv joint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Told today it is the gearbox mount, So new gearbox. Anyone know if the new almera and old almera gearbox are the same??
    Also do the 02 turbo van ones fit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Told today it is the gearbox mount, So new gearbox. Anyone know if the new almera and old almera gearbox are the same??
    Also do the 02 turbo van ones fit?

New gearbox just coz the mount has gone?? sounds a bit severe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Well i was told the gearbox was loose and movement in it. All the gears where working none them missing or anything. So took it was the mount, also read from the problem with the foot off the accelerator that it was caused by the gearbox mount.

• Advertisement
Advertisement