Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cycling condition are getting worse and worse

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭radia

It was Dunsany.
    Definitely Meath!:D

Yes, possibly black VW. Fair play on your memory!

But that one seems to have been accidental, albeit crap driving - hit with wing mirror - rather than a deliberate attack as here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Some pricks in a black Seat Ibiza (possibly 06 to 08 Dublin reg) threw an empty wallet at me (?) along with the usual shouts of abuse as I was heading up Stocking Lane.

This is the second time something like this has happened this week, the first being a purple Ford Fiesta hurling abuse at myself and Cadex on Sunday before overtaking a car in front dangerously.

Honestly, I can forgive people doing stupid things because they are careless or it is a genuine accident, but 3 or 4 young lads in a car out to cause trouble for no reason should be hit hard. I bet if the threat of losing their license for a few years was hanging over their heads they wouldn't be so keen on their mates doing stupid things while they are at the wheel.

Anyway, if anyone else met with the same car on Stocking Lane this evening and got more of the same, but was more observant than me and got the reg, let me know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    This is the second time something like this has happened this week, the first being a purple Ford Fiesta hurling abuse at myself and Cadex on Sunday before overtaking a car in front dangerously.
    I live in a rural area, I dont know how you city boys cope.. must be a thousand times worse than the sh1te I have to put up with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

I got water emptied onto my face whilst cycling around the back of Phoenix Park last week...twice! A blue VW golf overtook and scummer proceeded to stick his mug out the passenger window with water in hand. My mate behind me chucked his water bottle at them the second time but sadly missed.

Having said that I haven't experienced much other abuse around Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

JoeyD wrote: »
    I got water emptied onto my face whilst cycling around the back of Phoenix Park last week...twice! A blue VW golf overtook and scummer proceeded to stick his mug out the passenger window with water in hand. My mate behind me chucked his water bottle at them the second time but sadly missed.

Having said that I haven't experienced much other abuse around Dublin

The Park is full of wardens and Gardai. If you'd called trafficwatch or even 911/112 with the license plate they probably would have caught em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

I try my best not to get too worked up with idiots on the road, you're much better keeping calm but after probably 6 months of no incidents, I ran into two absolute idiots two days in a row, that left me raging.

Yesterday evening some idiot pulled a 180 turn at high revs/speed from a stopped position on templogue bridge, came far too close for comfort. I hit the brakes and avoided him, shouted f*ckin idiot at him. He obviously heard because at the lights he started shouting "what the **** did you shouting at me." (actual quote). Should have ignored him but I was pissed off bout the whole thing and told him I wasnt a fan of his driving, and didnt hold back. He told me to pull in at the next estate and he "would fight me and kill me". Decided at that point to stop at the next estate, he pulled in and I cycled off, safe in the knowledge he'd get stuck in traffic trying to leave the estate and I was leaving the main roadsoon after anyway.

Today in rathmines some **** in a jeep undertook a car turning right, came right into the cycle lane on top of me, to the point where I hit the door to let him know I was there, was right against the kerb. He jammed on the brakes and sat on the horn, started calling me a ****ing arsehole and said I should have stopped. I asked what he meant and he just kept repeating "****ing arsehole" before speeding off. Decided to just try and forget about it after ten minutes of red mist and planning to call traffic watch etc.. Got home and calmed down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

i was heading up the hills on the Mount Seskin Road near the hazel grove golf course for a quick spin the other week,and some compleat tard tried to run me off the road with his mate shouting abuse out the window at me,near ended up on my face with the fright i got,they ended up stopping half way up the hill to let one of the tools from the car out for a pi$$,so i just cycled by without saying anything,i got to the bottom of the hill and made sure i got the reg,i headed on down to tallaght garda station to report what happend..the garda just took the reg,said it would be my word against the scum in the car if it went to court,and what else do i want them to do...i said atleast drive up and say that someone filed a report against you and your wa..er mates in the car,he said that he'd try find the reg on the system and if he did he'd try drop by:rolleyes:...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Limestone1

AstraMonti wrote: »
    It was last year, going to a very early 6.30am spin with PlanetX and .. (lime??) and there was a bunch of very drunk girls on the street, flashing their boobies as I passed. Thanks god there was no traffic!

I had a similar beautiful experience yesterday, possibly around the same area too, on the road from Lamb doyles down towards Marlay Park. It was just after 7:00 am and a good looking blonde stepped out into the middle of the road from a merry bunch making their way home after a late night. She lifted her top gave me a mouth watering view of perfectly formed womanhood !! It certainly brightened up my morning - I'll be taking that route again for early morning spins;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

i was cycling along a while ago and got sausage rolls thrown at me for some unknown reason!

• Advertisement
Advertisement