Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Good architect

Options
  • 24-05-2010 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi, was thinking of building a garage with a 1 or 2 bed flat above the garage, aside from getting planning for this, has anyone else done anything similar to this and would you have any advise or tips you could pass on to me, also does anyone know of any architects that might give me a few ideas on a designs on this project. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Muffler should be able to help you here. ;)

Drop him a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Domscard wrote: »
    :eek:

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Larrson

Thanks Everybody for yer input? I was always told if you have nothing constructive to say, then don't say anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Larrson wrote: »
    Thanks Everybody for yer input? I was always told if you have nothing constructive to say, then don't say anything.

:rolleyes:

i couldn't resist, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Open A

Hi Larrson,

I'd talk to a planner before appointing an architect to find out if they would consider your proposal. Its not unheard of for people to invest time and money in a design and then be refused planning permission for something the planner could have pointed out in the first place

Where is your house?

An architect may give you informal advice prior to appointment.

It's a great time to find an architect - there are loads out there and prices are competitive. It might sound really obvious but when you're picking an architect make sure you get on well on a personal level. To design a space for someone effectively you need to get to know them pretty well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement