Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to finish my sleeve?

Options
  • 24-05-2010 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭

Just looking for some suggestions or advice. I have a 3/4 length sleeve, Japanese style, was originally going to keep it that length but now I want to get it extended to my wrist. I've restricted myself a little in the way it was designed, so does anyone have any suggestions what I could do? I want to make sure it flows quite nicely, and am also aware of the problems joining a new tattoo with an old tattoo.

Any ideas would be good. If you're an artist and you're reading this then I'd love to talk to you about what you could do with it. PM of course. ;-) (Is that OK, can I do that here?)

I've attached photos so you can see what its like. Its an area of about 2 - 3 inches in length and then of course all the way around the arm.

6248_98783978829_531828829_1942853_3720465_n.jpg
    This pic was taken when it wasn't quite finished but you can see the layout.

4160_84656773829_531828829_1740593_6596173_n.jpg
    This one you can see the "hard" stop of the black wind bars.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 artofvegas

Pimping

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Well anyway I've come up with an idea to do a Japanese Shishi Lion as a seperate tattoo but linked up to the original sleeve. Something like this:

shishi.jpg

but not this exact design. And I shall probably be going to my old friend Michele in Dublin Art Tattoo to do it as he's is great at Japanese style.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I thought your tattoo looked familiar, must've seen it in Michele's portfolio!

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭ddef

that 3/4 sleeve is amazing looking.
    sorry, i dont have any suggestions, just admiring :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement